Her name's Miley.

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:16 am

You sure that dog is part boxer? Of course it's hard to tell from just that pic but I don't see it.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 am

Metroid wrote:You sure that dog is part boxer? Of course it's hard to tell from just that pic but I don't see it.

That's what they tell us. She's got the boxer tendencies. Using their paws when they play. She's pretty skinny right now so we'll see how she fills out.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:You sure that dog is part boxer? Of course it's hard to tell from just that pic but I don't see it.

That's what they tell us. She's got the boxer tendencies. Using their paws when they play. She's pretty skinny right now so we'll see how she fills out.

Pit Bulls use their paws when they play...at least Ginger does. Does the pup have any sort of underbite? That would be the dead giveaway.
Metroid

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Pit Bulls use their paws when they play...at least Ginger does. Does the pup have any sort of underbite? That would be the dead giveaway.

No overbite. This picture's a little fuzzy at the head, but it's more of a full body shot.

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Oh, my wife thinks she's got something else in her like some sort of German wirehair pointer because she's got a little bit of beard under her chin. Two of her siblings apparently looked very much like boxers. My wife doesn't think she has any pit in her, but if it's not pit I think it has to be boxer because of her coloring.

EDIT - She's going to be pretty big. Probably bigger than our 75 pound lab. She's only 3 months old right now.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:41 pm

I said underbite not overbite. :-B :-b

She does have a narrow back end like boxers do huh? And its hard to tell sometimes when dogs are mixed with pit bulls, they are such an average looking dog anyway really. They can be any color and have lots of different body types. A lot of people only see pits as muscle bound animals with giant heads and huge jaws, which is not the case at all. Of course some are like that but many are built just like any other lean athletic dog.
Metroid

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:56 pm

Metroid wrote:I said underbite not overbite. :-B :-b

She does have a narrow back end like boxers do huh? And its hard to tell sometimes when dogs are mixed with pit bulls, they are such an average looking dog anyway really. They can be any color and have lots of different body types. A lot of people only see pits as muscle bound animals with giant heads and huge jaws, which is not the case at all. Of course some are like that but many are built just like any other lean athletic dog.

I meant underbite. :-B We've gone to the dog park 3 days in a row and she absolutely loves it. She eventually finds one dog which will wrestle with her and when she does they really go at it. Throwing each other down, kicking up dirt and making a mess of things. She's a lot of fun. And I think she's smart. She's figuring out fetch, already knows sit and has her name figured out. Her and the duck we have are pretty funny. They run at each other back and forth and it looks like neither likes being chased by the other, but as soon as they stop and turn their heads, the other's chasing after it. Apparently her entire litter was dropped off at the humane society and adopted out. That's how we got her.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Polar Bear » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Well I'm joining this thread a little late but oh well.

2 weeks ago my dog passed away, he was 16 years old. From everything I could tell he died of old age and died peacefully. I had that mutt since I was 10 years old and he is responsible for the many girls I managed to pickup on the beach. He was half lab and half cocker spaniel. He had the lab body frame with the spaniel floppy ears. Great memories with him and he lived a nice full life so his death wasn't too sad, although he will be missed.

I'm with the first poster of this topic. I don't understand why someone would be so cruel to a dog considering how freely dogs give their trust to others. While I am certainly not ready to get another dog so quick after the loss of my last one. I will eventually have a few more. I will probably go with a Rotweiller just because I love the breed.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Our 11 year old dog Rocky passed away today. :,-( We were all there with him. He died peacefully and naturally.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk