Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Polar Bear » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Well I grew up on a farm and love to hunt so I have seen my share of animals die and for some reason a dogs death really stings for me. I was prepared for Midnight's death for quite some time. About 13 years ago a vet told me that he had heart worms and wanted me to pay close to $1000 for the procedure to remove them. Well I was only 13 years old at the time and did not have that kind of money so I opted to enjoy my time with him. Well, he gave me 13 more fun-filled years. Just a great family dog. His personality was docile and he was great around small children. The last few weeks of his life he slept pretty much all the time and I knew it was only a matter of time before he passed. The morning I found him he was laying there like he was asleep. I was glad that I found him before anyone in my family did, especially my little nephew. It was definitely tough carrying him out and burying him though.

I have lost 4 dogs in my life and like treat mentioned 3 of them walked into the woods to die, Midnight didn't because he was a house dog. Each one has been hard to lose. I had to kill quite a few animals when I was a kid/teenager because of sickness, hunting, or because they were raised for food, but I have never been able to kill a dog or horse. I guess Coyote's are the only exception to that since they are horrible in my area and have been known to be aggressive. I have killed quite a few of those, but that falls under hunting. I just don't have it in me to kill a dog or horse even if they are suffering. I will call the vet to put them to sleep.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words.

I'm right there with you, two years ago whil deer hunting the owner wanted us to shoot any dogs we saw 'cause he said they were chasing deer (which can be a big problem) and I saw several but I definitely couldn't shoot 'em, I just love dogs way too much.

On a bit of a different note - my dog did something awful today...I think, I can't imagine it would've been anything else, but I've never seen my dog produce anything like this. I come home to find this red thing that kinda fades to yellow at the end, about the size of a turd laying on the rug...it's disguisting, I almost threw up and I do not have a weak stomach at all. %-6

What the hell...
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Polar Bear wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Well I grew up on a farm and love to hunt so I have seen my share of animals die and for some reason a dogs death really stings for me. I was prepared for Midnight's death for quite some time. About 13 years ago a vet told me that he had heart worms and wanted me to pay close to $1000 for the procedure to remove them. Well I was only 13 years old at the time and did not have that kind of money so I opted to enjoy my time with him. Well, he gave me 13 more fun-filled years. Just a great family dog. His personality was docile and he was great around small children. The last few weeks of his life he slept pretty much all the time and I knew it was only a matter of time before he passed. The morning I found him he was laying there like he was asleep. I was glad that I found him before anyone in my family did, especially my little nephew. It was definitely tough carrying him out and burying him though.

I have lost 4 dogs in my life and like treat mentioned 3 of them walked into the woods to die, Midnight didn't because he was a house dog. Each one has been hard to lose. I had to kill quite a few animals when I was a kid/teenager because of sickness, hunting, or because they were raised for food, but I have never been able to kill a dog or horse. I guess Coyote's are the only exception to that since they are horrible in my area and have been known to be aggressive. I have killed quite a few of those, but that falls under hunting. I just don't have it in me to kill a dog or horse even if they are suffering. I will call the vet to put them to sleep.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words.

I'm right there with you, two years ago whil deer hunting the owner wanted us to shoot any dogs we saw 'cause he said they were chasing deer (which can be a big problem) and I saw several but I definitely couldn't shoot 'em, I just love dogs way too much.

On a bit of a different note - my dog did something awful today...I think, I can't imagine it would've been anything else, but I've never seen my dog produce anything like this. I come home to find this red thing that kinda fades to yellow at the end, about the size of a turd laying on the rug...it's disguisting, I almost threw up and I do not have a weak stomach at all. %-6

What the hell...

:-b

all is good, it was a tangerine pit...I fell super stupid now. :-B
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Rocky, a week before he died... :,-(

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:21 pm

What, was he licking the camera? :-b Good looking boxer. He'll be missed I'm sure. :,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Well, the breeding I mentioned quite a while ago still hasn't taken place and won't occur now until next spring prob - but my breeder has another litter on the ground right now that turns 5 weeks old tomorrow, so they'll be ready to go in a few weeks. Really don't think I'll be able resist these as they're open-faced greys (I have a blk/wht female with a mask) which is what I wanted for a male puppy. The breeding I was waiting for will prob be a mix of colors and facial markings.

BTW - for those who don't know, they're Alaskan Malamutes!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:56 pm

Stomp - those bad boys are ridiculously cute... ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:04 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Stomp - those bad boys are ridiculously cute... ;-D

Darn, after seeing that I need to go get me a puppy O:-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:22 pm

I want one. O:-)
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:54 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I want one. O:-)

Got about 15 hundred bucks? :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:41 am

Metroid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I want one. O:-)

Got about 15 hundred bucks? :-D

how about 10...I had 160, but I'ma buy a sub/amp combo for 150 from my neighbor. :-b :-B
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk