Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby dream_017 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:32 am

scottaa1 wrote:My neighbor's big black dog comes over to visit. And a friend has a 100 pound lap dog who if you stop petting his head will lift his head up to your hand and rub his head back and forth. :-)

Roscoe does that too :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

dream_017 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:My neighbor's big black dog comes over to visit. And a friend has a 100 pound lap dog who if you stop petting his head will lift his head up to your hand and rub his head back and forth. :-)

Roscoe does that too :-b

My lab does that to my wife when she's hungry. Right around the same time in the evening she stands by her and stares. When my wife finally acknowledges her she whines, sometimes barks, and if she's sitting down will nudge under her armpit to try to get her up to get her dinner. It's hilarious. So pushy, even for an old girl.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:14 am

Ginger is not that type of dog, her food bowl is always full of food so she can eat whenever she wants. She does get excited about dinner time but that's because she usually gets something a little more special with that meal, like some chopped up carrots or some little pieces of cheese or some boiled chicken and rice or something. We say she's are evening entertainment because she comes in the kitchen and "tap dances" for us. She gets excited and picks her front feet up one at a time and her nails hitting the tile sounds like tap dancing. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 am

Man, Carlie would be huge if her food bowl was full all the time. She'd eat nonstop. :-° :-{
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:31 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Man, Carlie would be huge if her food bowl was full all the time. She'd eat nonstop. :-° :-{

Yeah I know a lot of peoples dogs are like that especially labs, they sure love to eat. :-b

I got pretty lucky with Ginger in that sense. :-?
Metroid

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:31 am

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Man, Carlie would be huge if her food bowl was full all the time. She'd eat nonstop. :-° :-{

Yeah I know a lot of peoples dogs are like that especially labs, they sure love to eat. :-b

Labs aren't known for their self-control. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:35 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Labs aren't known for their self-control. :-b

No they sure aren't. :-b
Metroid

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 am

When I used to have German Shepherds, I could leave their bowls full and they would never over indulge. Malamutes on the other hand would devour a 40 pound bag in one sitting if given the opportunity, lol!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:02 pm

yeah...Barney too (he is some sort of Beagle/(Greyhound, Boxer, Pit) hybrid). he used to eat once a day at 5:00 PM when i got home form work (we actually started giving him a handfull of food in the AM to tide him over). now he still gets "breakfast" but he bugs my wife to eat dinner around 1:00 or 2:00...he get's pretty relentless.

also...it's always a race to see if he can make it into the utility room to eat the cat's food before i can get in and get the door shut

my mother-in-law used to think we were starving him because he'd always be hungry...so i asked the vet if i was feeding him enough (2 cups, he's about 30 lbs) and she couldnt believe i was feeding him that much, but since he's so active said it was fine
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:12 pm

stomperrob wrote:When I used to have German Shepherds, I could leave their bowls full and they would never over indulge. Malamutes on the other hand would devour a 40 pound bag in one sitting if given the opportunity, lol!

Lately I have to start closing the bathroom door because Diesel will over-indulge in water! One day Diesel and Nicky (when she was still around) got into the spare room where we keep the dog kibble and they ate such a large portion of the (almost new) 40lb bag that they both looked like they had swallowed basketballs whole... The wife was freaking out, ended up giving them all kinds of grief over it. They were bloated and showing signs of discomfort for at least a day or two.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk