Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Dang... sorry ORS. That totally sucks. How's your kid and wife doing? How are YOU doing?


I probably handled it the worst since she was basically my dog, followed me around everywhere. She didn't really like women very much, so she rarely listened to my wife. She was always great with the kid from when he was a baby on up. Very tolerant. And you know how little kids treat a dog. :-° She just always took it, but always looked at me with these "why are you letting him do this to me?" eyes. The kid's doing well with it, as much as can be expected. We prepped him pretty good for it. We knew it was coming so we've been discussing it for a while. Still very hard though.



Sorry to hear that ORS. We had to do the same last month. :,-(
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 am

That's rough Omaha, so sorry to hear....hang in there buddy.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Man's best friend

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Damn, always hurts to hear about this stuff. Especially tough when the dog has been with you for so long.

Are you getting another or taking a break from the dog-owner's lifestyle for a bit?
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Damn, always hurts to hear about this stuff. Especially tough when the dog has been with you for so long.

Are you getting another or taking a break from the dog-owner's lifestyle for a bit?


We have 3 other dogs. One's a lab mix puppy that has some of the same characteristics as Carlie did so we're getting along well right now. Not gun shy and loves to fetch, obsessed with the tennis ball is more like it. 5 months old. Her name's Willow. I'm not moving on ( :,-( ), but she follows me everywhere too...

Image
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 pm

^^^^^^^^^^
I LOVE THAT DOG!!!!!!!!

:-D ;-D
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:^^^^^^^^^^
I LOVE THAT DOG!!!!!!!!

:-D ;-D


Yeah, she's pretty cute. She's sitting right here with her tennis ball in her mouth, just like the picture, off to the side, with those eyes waiting for me to take it and throw it for her...yet again. She's got enormous paws so I'm thinking she's going to be pretty big.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Man's best friend

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:02 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Yeah, she's pretty cute. She's sitting right here with her tennis ball in her mouth, just like the picture, off to the side, with those eyes waiting for me to take it and throw it for her...yet again. She's got enormous paws so I'm thinking she's going to be pretty big.


That's awesome ORS - I'd like to be able to do that with Jade and Diesel but Jade enjoys destroying tennis balls so much that I never get more than a couple of tosses before she gets bored of chasing and turns to tearing the ball to pieces instead... And she's so dominating that if Diesel has the ball she snarls at him until he lets go of it and then she tears it to bits - almost like she's making sure he doesn't get to have it... :-?
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:14 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Yeah, she's pretty cute. She's sitting right here with her tennis ball in her mouth, just like the picture, off to the side, with those eyes waiting for me to take it and throw it for her...yet again. She's got enormous paws so I'm thinking she's going to be pretty big.


That's awesome ORS - I'd like to be able to do that with Jade and Diesel but Jade enjoys destroying tennis balls so much that I never get more than a couple of tosses before she gets bored of chasing and turns to tearing the ball to pieces instead... And she's so dominating that if Diesel has the ball she snarls at him until he lets go of it and then she tears it to bits - almost like she's making sure he doesn't get to have it... :-?

If if can get them to get along with the ball, you need to get yourself a Kong Ball. They can be found with all the other Kong stuff in the pet store. They are virtually indestructible. Ginger destroys tennis balls in a matter of seconds but has had the same Kong ball for years. In fact I've only had to replace it twice, both times were because we lost it. Do not throw them in water, they don't float...unless you get the ones made for water. The cool thing is they also fit in the Chuckits. ;-D

Image
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:48 am

Here is my first dog Addie (she is a big buckeye fan)

Image

And here is her new sister Penny (soon to be a big buckeye fan)

Image

Both are Boston Terriers - Both snore and fart a lot :-D
Image
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Flux wrote:Both are Boston Terriers - Both snore and fart a lot :-D


That cracked me up! ;-D
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 17:30 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact