Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 am

urbanbreez wrote:Image

Ah, one more. Why the heck not. :-b

Yeah, bigger pics here urban. Looks like a cute pup though.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Any of you guys ever give your pups watermelon?

We gave Jade and Diesel some today (apparently the wife has done so a few times but this is the first time I saw it) and it was pretty funny. Diesel ate the whole thing in as few big bites as he could, but Jade nibbled away at the inside first and never ate the rind at all - looked like a human ate it when she was done. At least it did until Diesel went over and scarfed down what she left behind ;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:22 am

lmcjaho wrote:Any of you guys ever give your pups watermelon?

We gave Jade and Diesel some today (apparently the wife has done so a few times but this is the first time I saw it) and it was pretty funny. Diesel ate the whole thing in as few big bites as he could, but Jade nibbled away at the inside first and never ate the rind at all - looked like a human ate it when she was done. At least it did until Diesel went over and scarfed down what she left behind ;-7

I have given Ginger watermelon before, she loved it, try freezing some chunks first and give it to them outside. :-)

Be careful what kinds of fruit and veggies you give your dog though, grapes and raisins are really bad for dogs, they have toxins which can damage the kidneys, potatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onions are really bad too. So are some nuts, and of course chocolate. I give Ginger carrots and apples all the time, she loves em. Also rice and corn, but not corn on the cob, eating the cob can be dangerous.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 am

Metroid wrote:

I have given Ginger watermelon before, she loved it, try freezing some chunks first and give it to them outside. :-)

Be careful what kinds of fruit and veggies you give your dog though, grapes and raisins are really bad for dogs, they have toxins which can damage the kidneys, potatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onions are really bad too. So are some nuts, and of course chocolate. I give Ginger carrots and apples all the time, she loves em. Also rice and corn, but not corn on the cob, eating the cob can be dangerous.

i didnt know about the potatoes...i'm sure we've given barney some but i'll make sure we dont anymore. he has eaten the whole cob before too, so we dont give him that anymore either. he's a gluttonous hound though, so he's also eaten his fair share of rib and chicken bones from the trash and hasnt died yet either :-° stupid dog :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:40 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:

i didnt know about the potatoes...i'm sure we've given barney some but i'll make sure we dont anymore. he has eaten the whole cob before too, so we dont give him that anymore either. he's a gluttonous hound though, so he's also eaten his fair share of rib and chicken bones from the trash and hasnt died yet either :-° stupid dog :-b

Yeah Ginger has had nearly all those things before too, some I didn't know about yet and some by accident. I think with anything, you'd have to feed them large amounts or start giving them some everyday to cause serious damage. Here is a site that lists bad stuff for dogs, that's right Dan, you need to stop boozing and smoking the chronic with Barney. :-B
Metroid

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Yeah Ginger has had nearly all those things before too, some I didn't know about yet and some by accident. I think with anything, you'd have to feed them large amounts or start giving them some everyday to cause serious damage. Here is a site that lists bad stuff for dogs, that's right Dan, you need to stop boozing and smoking the chronic with Barney. :-B

hah...in high school i used to blow smoke in my dogs face...he seemed to like it. i remember someone giving him a taste of JD at a party too. Barney is clean though. i remember being at another party once and replacing somebody's dogs water with beer...he seemed to like it. moderation is the key though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:21 pm

My dog really enjoys blueberries and peanut butter. I better check that list you posted, Met.

Edit: Blueberries and PB didn't make the list. :-°
urbanbreez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Mom came by again today for the usual saturday visit, with the little dog and the big dog. After a few Saturday visits, I'm ready to steal that white shepherd. Going to take them to the 'bark park' this week ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Met, guess what? Great news. <drumroll> Haha. Full blooded pits can now be adopted at our Humane Society. Big step. They have to pass the same aggression tests as any other dog, but that's the thing, they're finally being treated as any other dog.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Met, guess what? Great news. <drumroll> Haha. Full blooded pits can now be adopted at our Humane Society. Big step. They have to pass the same aggression tests as any other dog, but that's the thing, they're finally being treated as any other dog.

That is awesome! They really should get the same chance for adoption as any other breed. ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk