Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:57 am

So, being technologically handicapped, I only just tonight got around to figuring out how to work the scanner that I bought in 2002 and that has been sitting besde my computer ever since (I kept hoping my teenage son would do it!).

So now that I've finally done it, I wanted to share some photo's of of my first Malamute - he was born in 1990 and died in 2003. He was a show dog for a while (in 1994 he was #2 in all of Canada), but more importantly he was my best friend.

(Up in the mountains at Banff National Park)

(That's him on the left, just a few weeks old)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:58 am

seriously stomper, this has to stop. If you post anymore pictures of those incredible dogs I might go buy a malmute puppy myself and try sneaking past my landlord.

I love this thread, but boy does it make me miss my old dog and long for the days when I wasn't restricted to "No dogs" living in apartments.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:35 pm

maddog60 wrote:seriously stomper, this has to stop. If you post anymore pictures of those incredible dogs I might go buy a malmute puppy myself and try sneaking past my landlord.

I love this thread, but boy does it make me miss my old dog and long for the days when I wasn't restricted to "No dogs" living in apartments.

Lol - I know what ya mean - I don't know how I survived these past 2 years without a Mal at my side!!!
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:42 pm

Time for some updated pics of the new pup - "Issa" is 3 months old now - really turning out to be a super little dog, great temperament and personality.

Still have a male puppy on order (hasn't been born yet) he should be arriving from New York early in the new year hopefully!
stomperrob

Postby SJNez46 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:03 pm

stomperrob wrote:Time for some updated pics of the new pup - "Issa" is 3 months old now - really turning out to be a super little dog, great temperament and personality.

Still have a male puppy on order (hasn't been born yet) he should be arriving from New York early in the new year hopefully!

nice dog, looks great ;-D
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:37 am

*BUMP*

We just bought a Miniature Schnauzer puppy and I wanted to find this thread. I'll try to post a couple pictures when I get home. I actually think that's why I'm so goofy this morning. Lack of sleep has deprived my brain of oxygen. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:07 pm

josebach wrote:*BUMP*

We just bought a Miniature Schnauzer puppy and I wanted to find this thread. I'll try to post a couple pictures when I get home. I actually think that's why I'm so goofy this morning. Lack of sleep has deprived my brain of oxygen. :-b

No you're pretty much always goofy. :-B

A miniature Schnauzer pup huh? Man that thing must be tiny. My aunt used to have one of those, cute little bugger kinda weird though. Not the breed just her dog was weird, it saw ghosts.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
josebach wrote:*BUMP*

No you're pretty much always goofy. :-B

A miniature Schnauzer pup huh? Man that thing must be tiny. My aunt used to have one of those, cute little bugger kinda weird though. Not the breed just her dog was weird, it saw ghosts.

Had that sixth sense, huh. That is weird!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:33 pm

Metroid wrote:No you're pretty much always goofy. :-B

That's true. Except when I'm serious.

Yahoo Serious that is!!!

Metroid wrote:A miniature Schnauzer pup huh? Man that thing must be tiny. My aunt used to have one of those, cute little bugger kinda weird though. Not the breed just her dog was weird, it saw ghosts.

It's 8 weeks old and about 6 lbs, so it's not that small. We have a regular Mini Schnauzer which ranges from 12-20 lbs full grown, but they also have "Toy" Mini-Schnauzers that are 7-11 lbs and "Teacup" Mini Schnauzers that are less than 7 lbs. I personally always wanted a Golden Retriever, but my wife wanted a small dog so we compromised. Schanuzers are small, but they're not obnoxious and overly energetic like some other small dogs. Plus they're really smart supposedly. The puppy is incredibly sweet, though, I'll tell you that.

Here's a short video of one that gives you a better idea.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=2
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Here she is. We named her "Pearl".

josebach
General Manager
General Manager