Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:08 am

And here she is at 8 weeks old on the day we brought her home - crappy cell phone pic unfortunately:

Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 am

cute pup
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Haven't been around here in a while guys, lot of crap going on in my life these days (mostly depressing financial related stuff with the occasional family issue thrown in for good measure) but one bright spot is our new puppy. Meet Emerald, known as Emmie @ 10 weeks in the pic from earlier this week:

We went with Emerald to continue our theme of naming our females after precious stones - our two female Rotts are Ruby (RIP) and Jade (still going strong at 4.5 years old) but Emmie works better on a day-to-day and dog training basis. She's a pure German Shepherd, mom is standard color and dad is all black. She'll come out somewhere in the middle with a strong lean towards mom I think.

Gorgeous markings! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Freezing blizzard + Malamutes = happy dogs

The female watching me through the window (she loves the snow, but thinks she should be a housepet)

Image Image Image
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Nice pups as always Stomper. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:48 pm

Great pics Stomper - my two females have been having a blast outside in the snow the past couple of days too. Diesel (our male) is a little too big to play with the pup - he keeps stepping on her when they play and at 130lbs it's a bit much for her.

But the two girls are constantly playing chase and nip and Emmie is starting to get faster with every day and Jade is not finding it as easy to hit-and-run her as a couple of weeks ago. Only problem is when it comes time to bring them in they bring a metric ton of snow in with them :-B
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Took Emmie for her first vet visit last night. At just under 3 months old she's already 27lbs so vet figures she'll probably be somewhere around 90lbs at full size. So Jade (our 65lb Rott) had better stop picking on her now while she's still young enough to forget it or else she'll have a grudge and the size to do something about it :-b :-b

She might have a minor infection in her kidney - it was a bit sensitive to the doc's touch and she's been peeing an awful lot - so he prescribed some antibiotics for her, amoxicillin, the same banana-flavored crap many of us had to take as kids when we had infections...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Great pics stomper! So I have to ask, is like everything in your house covered in dog fur? :-b

Hope your pup is feeling better soon lmcjaho. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:25 am

My grandma has always had German Shepherds and since putting down her most recent one, she just now got another one. A massive mostly black male. This dog is very skinny and still weighs 95 pounds. She'll spoil the heck out of him though, and he'll be well over 100 in no time.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am

Metroid wrote:Great pics stomper! So I have to ask, is like everything in your house covered in dog fur? :-b

Hope your pup is feeling better soon lmcjaho. ;-D

Yeh, it seems when one of them is finished shedding, the other one starts, lol! It would help if I could keep them outside during shedding, but both are convinced they belong in the house.

When I can afford it, I plan on ripping out all the carpet and replacing it with laminate/hardwood - much easier to keep clean!!!
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk