Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:29 pm

My neighbour at the cottage breeds huskies and malamutes, uses them in sledding competitions and stuff too. I used to help sometimes with the spring brushing... He had around 15 dogs at a time, and I remember a football-field size area of his yard that was just covered in the fur from them shedding their winter coats.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Last edited by urbanbreez on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
urbanbreez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Emmie has unfortunately discovered the joy of Poopsicles.

For some reason whenever we have a dog who eats different food from the others they all go out and look for feces from the other dog to eat %-6

They used to do it when our older shepherd was on Senior food, and now they have started with Emmie being on puppy food.

This morning I called her in from the back yard and she came running in with a half-baseball hunk of frozen poopy in her mouth :-P %-6 :-t
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:20 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Emmie has unfortunately discovered the joy of Poopsicles.

For some reason whenever we have a dog who eats different food from the others they all go out and look for feces from the other dog to eat %-6

They used to do it when our older shepherd was on Senior food, and now they have started with Emmie being on puppy food.

This morning I called her in from the back yard and she came running in with a half-baseball hunk of frozen poopy in her mouth :-P %-6 :-t

Yeah that's gnarly. Ginger has rolled in other dogs doo doo a few times but she's never eaten it. One time we were at a friends house BBQing and Ginger can trotting up to the group with a turd necklace. See when she rolled in the poo it got smashed into the metal parts of her collar and tags so it looked like she had a turd medallion hanging from her neck. %-6

She has eaten kitty-rocca before when we've gone to friends houses who have cats. :-P
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Metroid wrote:

Yeah that's gnarly. Ginger has rolled in other dogs doo doo a few times but she's never eaten it. One time we were at a friends house BBQing and Ginger can trotting up to the group with a turd necklace. See when she rolled in the poo it got smashed into the metal parts of her collar and tags so it looked like she had a turd medallion hanging from her neck. %-6

She has eaten kitty-rocca before when we've gone to friends houses who have cats. :-P

Hey guys...don't knock it until you try it. ;-7 :-b ;-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:39 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Hey guys...don't knock it until you try it. ;-7 :-b ;-)

Poop necklaces or turd sammiches? Either way I think I'll pass. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Metroid wrote:

Hey guys...don't knock it until you try it. ;-7 :-b ;-)[/quote]
Poop necklaces or turd sammiches? Either way I think I'll pass. :-b[/quote]

your breath smells like sh1t.... you need a mint. an excre-mint!
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:31 pm

One of my Mals likes eating poop (northern breeds are notoriously bad for that).

There are a couple old tricks that sometimes work. It can be due to them not breaking down their food, so they eat the poop to get the remaining food value out of it - adding a digestive enzyme (like papaya pills) may help. Or it may be due to a lack of fibre in their diet and adding something like wheat germ flakes (uncooked dry cereal) may work.

Or it may just be a bad habit and nothing will work! :-P
Last edited by stomperrob on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:06 am

yeah dogs are disgusting animals...Barney loves any chance he gets to eat cat feces or cat vomit. when we were still trying to crate train him he would poop in his cage (which 99% of dogs wont do, we tried small cages, big cages, whatever he just had anxiety so bad he'd let loose). anyway one time my wife took him to my mother-in-laws and left him for about an hour...sure enough he pooped in the cage, ate it, threw it up, ate the vomit and then threw up the poop-vomit mixture all over the back seat of my Trailblazer on the way home...of course it seeped down in between the seats so i had to take out both back seats to get it clean
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 am

I was at the zoo yesterday and this very large chimp was having a feast on his own giant mound of turd right in front of the viewing area. It was fantastic. Small children were crying, adults were running and screaming -- I... was lol'n at the whole thing.
urbanbreez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk