Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 am

yeah cute pups dude
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Today was not a good day for Ginger. She is left home alone for an extended period of time on Thursdays, there's not much we can do, that's just the way it is on Thursdays. Anyway, we messed up and left the lid off the kitchen garbage can. Normally the garbage and recycling is in the laundry room right off the kitchen, however we bring the can in while we're cooking and doing stuff around the house. So yeah we left it in the kitchen with the lid off. Ginger has always been really good about staying out of the garbage but not today...the temptation was too great. When we got home there was garbage spread out all over the kitchen floor. That sucked....but that's not the worst of it. Something in the garbage obviously did not agree with her(big surprise) and gave her diarrhea. Good news is we have all hardwood and tile, bad news is she didn't do it at all on the tile. Nope, right on the hardwood in front of the TV, and in the hallway. That really sucked....once again not the worst of it. She also blew a little on the wall and all over her dog bed. Seriously sucky....nope not the worst. The worst part is that she went into the spare bedroom and shat on the futon sofa that also doubles as the guest bed. It thoroughly soaked in too.....there is no saving it. It was a really nice futon too, not one of those crappy one's but a nice one with springs in the mattress. Pretty freaking great. :-[

Yeah so I had to spend a good hour and a half cleaning messy dog turd out of my house when I should be studying for a lab quiz tomorrow. %-6

That's all just had to rant a little, Ginger is fine otherwise. I gave her a little Pepto and boiled chicken and rice, I'm sure she'll be fine tomorrow.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:57 am

Metroid wrote:Today was not a good day for Ginger. She is left home alone for an extended period of time on Thursdays, there's not much we can do, that's just the way it is on Thursdays. Anyway, we messed up and left the lid off the kitchen garbage can. Normally the garbage and recycling is in the laundry room right off the kitchen, however we bring the can in while we're cooking and doing stuff around the house. So yeah we left it in the kitchen with the lid off. Ginger has always been really good about staying out of the garbage but not today...the temptation was too great. When we got home there was garbage spread out all over the kitchen floor. That sucked....but that's not the worst of it. Something in the garbage obviously did not agree with her(big surprise) and gave her diarrhea. Good news is we have all hardwood and tile, bad news is she didn't do it at all on the tile. Nope, right on the hardwood in front of the TV, and in the hallway. That really sucked....once again not the worst of it. She also blew a little on the wall and all over her dog bed. Seriously sucky....nope not the worst. The worst part is that she went into the spare bedroom and shat on the futon sofa that also doubles as the guest bed. It thoroughly soaked in too.....there is no saving it. It was a really nice futon too, not one of those crappy one's but a nice one with springs in the mattress. Pretty freaking great. :-[

Yeah so I had to spend a good hour and a half cleaning messy dog turd out of my house when I should be studying for a lab quiz tomorrow. %-6

That's all just had to rant a little, Ginger is fine otherwise. I gave her a little Pepto and boiled chicken and rice, I'm sure she'll be fine tomorrow.

that's why you need to let them eat garbage more, so they can build up a tolerance :-b
i remeber back when i was a teenager our dog got into the outside trash in the garage...he apparently ate a good amount of the bag because my mom say him having trouble pooping and had to pull out a big long piece of trash bag %-6
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 am

Nasty. My friends dog ate a tube sock once. he ran around the yard with the top portion of the sock(the stripes) hanging out of his butt. Good times. :-B
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Metroid wrote: My friends dog ate a tube sock once. he ran around the yard with the top portion of the sock(the stripes) hanging out of his butt. Good times. :-B

got a link to a video??
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote: My friends dog ate a tube sock once. he ran around the yard with the top portion of the sock(the stripes) hanging out of his butt. Good times. :-B

got a link to a video??

did you chase it around and make a game of it? instead of pin the tail on the donkey, pull the sock from the dog? :*)
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

got a link to a video??

i have one of Met eating a tube steak...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
i have one of Met eating a tube steak...

that's 'tube sock.' "tasted like a$$," met said.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby stomperrob » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Metroid wrote:Today was not a good day for Ginger. She is left home alone for an extended period of time on Thursdays, there's not much we can do, that's just the way it is on Thursdays. Anyway, we messed up and left the lid off the kitchen garbage can. Normally the garbage and recycling is in the laundry room right off the kitchen, however we bring the can in while we're cooking and doing stuff around the house. So yeah we left it in the kitchen with the lid off. Ginger has always been really good about staying out of the garbage but not today...the temptation was too great. When we got home there was garbage spread out all over the kitchen floor. That sucked....but that's not the worst of it. Something in the garbage obviously did not agree with her(big surprise) and gave her diarrhea. Good news is we have all hardwood and tile, bad news is she didn't do it at all on the tile. Nope, right on the hardwood in front of the TV, and in the hallway. That really sucked....once again not the worst of it. She also blew a little on the wall and all over her dog bed. Seriously sucky....nope not the worst. The worst part is that she went into the spare bedroom and shat on the futon sofa that also doubles as the guest bed. It thoroughly soaked in too.....there is no saving it. It was a really nice futon too, not one of those crappy one's but a nice one with springs in the mattress. Pretty freaking great. :-[

Sorry to hear that - hope Ginger is feelin' better soon! I've owned a few "garbage-hounds", so I know how ya feel.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:46 pm

You guys are goof balls. :-b

And thanks stomper. Yeah Ginger is already tons better, the boiled chicken and rice does the trick every time. ;-D

The thing is Ginger has always been really good about staying out of the trash. I guess her being home alone so long plus the temptation was just too much. I hate to have her here alone for such a long time but my schedule is just like that on Thursdays. Hopefully next term will be better. ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk