Man's best friend - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man's best friend

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man's best friend

Postby stomperrob » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Metroid wrote:You guys are goof balls. :-b

And thanks stomper. Yeah Ginger is already tons better, the boiled chicken and rice does the trick every time. ;-D

The thing is Ginger has always been really good about staying out of the trash. I guess her being home alone so long plus the temptation was just too much. I hate to have her here alone for such a long time but my schedule is just like that on Thursdays. Hopefully next term will be better. ;-D

Yeh, might have been some separation anxiety on her part - some dogs go through that. Not a lot ya can do about that, short of putting her in a doggie day care on Thursdays.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:56 pm

stomperrob wrote:

And thanks stomper. Yeah Ginger is already tons better, the boiled chicken and rice does the trick every time. ;-D

The thing is Ginger has always been really good about staying out of the trash. I guess her being home alone so long plus the temptation was just too much. I hate to have her here alone for such a long time but my schedule is just like that on Thursdays. Hopefully next term will be better. ;-D

Yeh, might have been some separation anxiety on her part - some dogs go through that. Not a lot ya can do about that, short of putting her in a doggie day care on Thursdays.

I wish I could afford that. Once the weather gets better she can be outside during the day, she loves that. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Wow Met, that sucks dude. At least it was the spare bedroom and not YOUR bedroom...

Emmie had the big D the other night too. Worst part was I missed some when I cleaned it up because she got two different spots and the lighting in that particular room is not very good (have to replace a couple bulbs). Since it smelled SO BAD, I thought the smell from the missed poop was just lingering after-odor from the first puddle at first. It was only when the stench persisted after quite some time that I went looking and found the second stash... %-6
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Yeah the same thing happened to me. I thought I had gotten it all when I cleaned up the hardwood in the hall, the hardwood in front of the TV in the living room, and the the futon in the spare bedroom. It took me a while to notice she did it on her dog bed too. Sucked because I had put all the cleaning supplies away and had started studying at the kitchen table. Gingers dog bed is very near the kitchen table, but more in the living room. Anyway, I'm sitting there studying and I keep getting these massive whiffs of doo doo, finally I glance over at the dog bed and yup...there was the poo...on the wall as well. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Metroid wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

I wish I could afford that. Once the weather gets better she can be outside during the day, she loves that. ;-D

Here's a couple of interesting articles on seperation anxiety:

http://www.dogflu.ca/04102007/11/tips_f ... ty_in_dogs

http://www.medhatspca.ca/separation-anxiety.htm

http://www.dogtrainingclassroom.com/dog ... xiety.html

Maybe there might be something in there that will work for ya (tons more info out there if ya Google dogs + seperation anxiety. Good luck in gettin' a handle on it!

;-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 am

Fifth of adults choose pet over partner on Valentine's Day -poll
January 28, 2010. … .Mon Feb 8, 2:45 am ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Rather than spending Valentine's Day with their partner, one fifth of adults would prefer to be with their pet, although the French still came top for romance, according to a joint global poll by Reuters/Ipsos.

The survey of 24,000 people in 23 countries found 21 percent of adults would rather spend February 14 with their pet than their spouse, although the French were least likely to choose a furry friend over a human with only 10 percent taking that option.

But the survey found that age and income were more of a determining factor than nationality when it came to romance, with younger, less affluent people more likely to choose their pet as their Valentine's Day companion.

John Wright, senior vice president of Ipsos, said 25 percent of people aged under 35 opted for their pet over their partner compared to 18 percent of those aged 35-54 and 14 percent of people aged 55 plus.

Men and women were evenly split over the question.

more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_uk_pol ... tines_life
stomperrob

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Man, those Rottweilers are so vicious - just look at Diesel in this pic from the groomers (sorry for crappy cell phone pic quality). Doesn't he look like a totally mean SOB?

I mean really, he looks like he wants to bite someone's face off :-D
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
I mean really, he looks like he wants to bite someone's face off :-D

nice pic. he looks like he enjoys his dog spa time :-)

the groomers may want to consider using a muzzle... to keep that smile off his face.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 pm

scottaa1 wrote:nice pic. he looks like he enjoys his dog spa time :-)

the groomers may want to consider using a muzzle... to keep that smile off his face.

He actually did growl at her at one point. Apparently she noticed he had some klingons and when she went to clean them up it must have caught him off guard or something.

But overall he loves getting a bath - more so when we do it ourselves in the summer outdoors with the hose because he loves to chase the water. We could literally set up one of those sprinklers that shoots a jet of water in an arc and he would chase the water the whole day if we put something to prevent him from just attacking the sprinkler itself...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Well, Jade's stomach problems persisted for a few days too many, diarrhea constantly and she even threw up %-6 the rice w/chicken we tried feeding her as per Metroid's recommendation earlier in the thread. So we took her to see Dr. Bill on Wednesday night and left her overnight for observation. Ended up staying until this morning (although she was ready to come home yesterday, we had to leave her another night because neither of us was free to go get her before they closed) and she came home with some meds she needs to take for the next two weeks. They gave her two shots of anti-biotics while she was in there too.

Between the 3 nights stay, tests (blood and urine), and the meds, the visit cost us $445 8-o :-o :~( so I told her she better stay healthy from here out because at that rate it's cheaper to replace her! I'm sure you can all tell from the pic below how concerned she is with that threat:

Oh yeah - it was a kidney infection apparently. Blood test came back okay but pee test showed blood and some elevated other counts (can't remember now what it was) and the doc said she was sensitive to the touch (with some pressure) in the kidney area when we brought her in. The only thing that concerned me was they said she didn't poop once from Wed night when we dropped her but as soon as I got her home and put her out in the yard she took a nice healthy dump (and it looked pretty normal too, diarrhea gone YAY!) so I suspect it was just her shyness. She doesn't like to be watched while she poops, which I find very ironic since she loves to come in the can with me and sit and stare at me while I drop a deuce if I leave the door open ;-7
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk