P. Manning value uprising - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

P. Manning value uprising

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: P. Manning value uprising

Postby The Lung » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:58 pm

Peyton Manning may be a safe first round pick but you're losing value taking him there. Read this article from Brad Evans at Yahoo! to see why.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=be-posprimer07-qb
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:49 am

The Lung wrote:Peyton Manning may be a safe first round pick but you're losing value taking him there. Read this article from Brad Evans at Yahoo! to see why.

Hmmm...this is the second thread in a row that I clicked into where you posted this...Lung, are you Brad Evans at Yahoo!? :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigNoise » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:48 pm

Munboy wrote:
The Lung wrote:Peyton Manning may be a safe first round pick but you're losing value taking him there. Read this article from Brad Evans at Yahoo! to see why.

Hmmm...this is the second thread in a row that I clicked into where you posted this...Lung, are you Brad Evans at Yahoo!? :-b

I'm the one and only goofy-ass Brad Evans from Yahoo!.

The Lung is unaffiliated with Yahoo! and has no direct relation to the Noise. At least, to my knowledge.

Then again, maybe he's the Widow-Peaked One (Funston) in disguise.

Thanks for the continued support Lung and everyone here at the Cafe! ;-D
BigNoise
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:59 am

BigNoise wrote:
Munboy wrote:

I'm the one and only goofy-ass Brad Evans from Yahoo!.

The Lung is unaffiliated with Yahoo! and has no direct relation to the Noise. At least, to my knowledge.

Then again, maybe he's the Widow-Peaked One (Funston) in disguise.

Thanks for the continued support Lung and everyone here at the Cafe! ;-D

Widow-Peaked One :-b

Good article man ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:38 pm

I find it very interesting that someone would say defensive personal matter very little in the scheme when the Bears run the same scheme from the same coaching tree as Indy.

I dont think that there is anything to suggest that Peyton's value has increased...he will once again be the #2 scoring QB this season.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:51 pm

BigMusky wrote:I find it very interesting that someone would say defensive personal matter very little in the scheme when the Bears run the same scheme from the same coaching tree as Indy.

I don't understand what you are getting at... :-?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:01 am

the Bears and Colts run the same scheme, have similar coaching tendencies on defense with the only thing different the personal. The bears are the best D in the NFL and Colts one of the worst. So how could someone say losing all those players does not matter because the Tampa 2 is a scheme not dependent on personal. That is the dumbest thing I have heard, of course the Colts defense will be worse this season.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:33 pm

BigMusky wrote:the Bears and Colts run the same scheme, have similar coaching tendencies on defense with the only thing different the personal. The bears are the best D in the NFL and Colts one of the worst. So how could someone say losing all those players does not matter because the Tampa 2 is a scheme not dependent on personal. That is the dumbest thing I have heard, of course the Colts defense will be worse this season.

Well, actually they had one of the best pass defenses in the entire NFL all year even without their best secondary player. The guys they're putting in place now at the CB positions are more than capable of keeping that same sort of approach that the former CBs there had because really, those guys weren't pro-bowl caliber players, they were solid and the guys coming in to replace them are solid as well.

The only sizable loss is Cato June, and even then Dungy is well known for being able to put together fantastic LB corps even when he loses players. I've heard good things about Freddie Keiaho who will be stepping in for June this year and they'll have a healthy Gary Brackett this year which is another guy who was struggling from injuries last season.

And really, if you DONT think that Tampa 2 is a scheme in which the CBs matter very little then you really don't know what you're talking about. Tampa 2 is all about bending but not breaking. You grab good tackling CBs and you have them keep the offense in front of you and make tackles and then the key is having that good safety to roam around which they have in Bob Sanders. It's the scheme, not those OK CBs they lost in free agency.

Is it so easy to forget how much of a difference it made having Bob Sanders back in the playoffs? They went from being completely unable to stop anyone in the running game and having one of the worst run defenses this league has ever seen to shutting teams down in the post season. Do you honestly think that the Colts run defense will be as bad or even worse than they were last year? I sure don't think so. Maybe the pass defense drops a bit this year (I'd still easily place them in the top 10), but the run defense wont be as bad as last year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:01 pm

mattb47 wrote:
BigMusky wrote:the Bears and Colts run the same scheme, have similar coaching tendencies on defense with the only thing different the personal. The bears are the best D in the NFL and Colts one of the worst. So how could someone say losing all those players does not matter because the Tampa 2 is a scheme not dependent on personal. That is the dumbest thing I have heard, of course the Colts defense will be worse this season.

Well, actually they had one of the best pass defenses in the entire NFL all year even without their best secondary player. The guys they're putting in place now at the CB positions are more than capable of keeping that same sort of approach that the former CBs there had because really, those guys weren't pro-bowl caliber players, they were solid and the guys coming in to replace them are solid as well.

The only sizable loss is Cato June, and even then Dungy is well known for being able to put together fantastic LB corps even when he loses players. I've heard good things about Freddie Keiaho who will be stepping in for June this year and they'll have a healthy Gary Brackett this year which is another guy who was struggling from injuries last season.

And really, if you DONT think that Tampa 2 is a scheme in which the CBs matter very little then you really don't know what you're talking about. Tampa 2 is all about bending but not breaking. You grab good tackling CBs and you have them keep the offense in front of you and make tackles and then the key is having that good safety to roam around which they have in Bob Sanders. It's the scheme, not those OK CBs they lost in free agency.

Is it so easy to forget how much of a difference it made having Bob Sanders back in the playoffs? They went from being completely unable to stop anyone in the running game and having one of the worst run defenses this league has ever seen to shutting teams down in the post season. Do you honestly think that the Colts run defense will be as bad or even worse than they were last year? I sure don't think so. Maybe the pass defense drops a bit this year (I'd still easily place them in the top 10), but the run defense wont be as bad as last year.

As always, not much I can add, I agree ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk