Breakout WR Candidates for 2008 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Breakout WR Candidates for 2008

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Breakout WR Candidates for 2008

Postby WeArePSU11' » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Colston is prob gonna have a lot of eyes on him.....hes prob gonna have a good year....but i wouldnt be surprised if henderson has close to or better stats than him this year. he showed a lot of potential last year and he's a big play guy.

Henderson and Holmes are my guys
WeArePSU11'
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Niner Country » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:07 am

My picks for bust outs:

1. Jennings - He's healthy and second year and as a rook he was off to an awesome season before ankle injury.

2. Holmes - New offensive system, new coach equalls new Big Ben. Holmes will work great in that system and you know he can produce as he showed in the second half of last season.

3. Demetrius Willimas - Homer pick. My friend in high school got burned by him when our team played Williams' and I've been following him loosely ever since. He's never lacked the talent.
Niner Country
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 am

Isn't it Reggie Brown's 3rd year? I look for him to have a monster year.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:28 pm

I also think Devery Henderson could have a breakout year. The way NO moves the ball & the double teams Colston will probably be getting could open things up for him.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shaba » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:44 pm

WeArePSU11' wrote:Colston is prob gonna have a lot of eyes on him.....hes prob gonna have a good year....but i wouldnt be surprised if henderson has close to or better stats than him this year. he showed a lot of potential last year and he's a big play guy.

Henderson and Holmes are my guys

Ditto Henderson is a must have player for me...Trickled w/ Holmes & Kevin Curtis...
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:29 pm

I've got 3 deep sleepers from the NFC East:

1. Brandon Lloyd- probably has been totally forgotten about by your leaguemates, but I think Lloyd has a solid chance to return to the respectable option he was in 2005. He added a ton of muscle in the offseason and will have an opportunity to win the #2 job back from ARE considering El's involvement in special teams. I think 800, 6 could be within reach.

2. Patrick Crayton- every year I think it's time for Glenn to break down, but so far he's stayed strong. Nursing an injury now in preseason, this may finally be the year for Crayton to step up to being a reliable WR3. If Glenn misses time, he will be a very good option. He also has great chemistry with Romo.

3. Steve Smith (NYG)- has been tearing it up in camp with some very impressive TD catches. He was a go to guy at USC which is a pretty sophisticated offense. With Toomer's health concerns/age, and Sinorice's lack of size, I could see Smith as a dark horse.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Turnip » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:40 pm

EDIT: I misread the thread, I thought this was about sleepers for this year

I'd keep an eye on Mark Bradley in dynasty leagues though. Grossman likes to throw deep, and late last year Berrian started receiving more attention from the coverage units. If Bradley can stay healthy, and finds some playing time, I think he will provide another deep threat and can make Grossman look better.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zirco33 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:48 am

I grabbed Holmes and Edwards in two leagues. I also se Gennings being a break out.
zirco33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:47 am

Here's another deep sleeper at WR. GBP rookie James Jones had 6 catches for 58 yards in last night's game against the Steelers. While it's understood that it's only a preseason game and Jones is benefitting from Driver and Jenning's absence, Jones is making a strong case to beat out Ferguson and Ruvell Martin for the 3rd WR spot. Favre has said Jones’ hand-work and athleticism remind him of Sterling Sharpe from about 15 years ago.

Here's a few good articles about him:

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 10617/1989
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/ ... 29&ntpid=1
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=641042
http://www.piercecountyherald.com/artic ... erty_id=19
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Football Talk