Who replaces Fletcher, D. Edwards, & A. Thomas?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who replaces Fletcher, D. Edwards, & A. Thomas??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who replaces Fletcher, D. Edwards, & A. Thomas??

Postby kyle2270 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:56 am

Who replaces London Fletcher, Donnie Edwards and Adalius Thomas for the Bills, Chargers, and Ravens respectively? And would they be worth owning for an IDP league?? Thanks for the insight and help. Good luck.
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who replaces Fletcher, D. Edwards, & A. Thomas??

Postby kyle2270 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:42 am

Where are the IDP players?? Any inside help please?? Thanks
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 am

Angelo Crowell likely replaces London Fletcher. Considering what he's done the past two years as the weak side LB, he should become a big time IDP LB this year.

I dont think Donnie Edwards gets replaced. Obviously someone starts instead, but it takes a special kind of player to consistently rack up 100+ tackles in a 3-4.

Adalius Thomas might get replaced by Dan Cody. That situation is more guesswork than anything right now, but I think Cody has the most talent, thus best chance.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby logan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:23 am

matt wilhelm is the suspected guy that will be taking edwards place. he lined up there during both min camps but it still could be a decision made during camp from what i've read.

as far as buffalo goes it's eitehr going to be posluszny or DiGiorgio in the middle as crowell will most likely fill the strong side spot.

not sure about the baltimore situation but cody is a possibility or maybe even jarett johnson.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:24 pm

as far as the ravens go....jarett johnson would be my bet. cody thus far has been nothing but an injury plagued bust ...and is continuing the trend this year. currently, he has a piece of cartilage inside his previously injured knee thats the size of a thumb..and it is still undecided whether he will go through surgery to remove it now or play it out for this season. if he gets surgery now, it will put him out for 4 months meaning another season down the tube. as far as drafting for an IDP, id stay away from both players...but if i had to choose one, id go with JJ. even if cody plays this season, i can still see him only spelling johnson.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:04 am

maddog60 wrote:Angelo Crowell likely replaces London Fletcher. Considering what he's done the past two years as the weak side LB, he should become a big time IDP LB this year.

Pretty sure Posluszny has already been penciled in at MLB in Buffalo. That's what all the signs are pointing to at least. Buffalo traded up to the top of the second to take this guy, so they plan on using him. Personally, I think Buffalo got a steal. Poz was the #2 LB in the draft IMO, and he ended up off the board as #4. Also, I'm pretty sure it's already been said that Crowell is going to replace Spikes at the SLB this season. Crowell he could still be a factor, he's definitely good enough.

I dont think Donnie Edwards gets replaced. Obviously someone starts instead, but it takes a special kind of player to consistently rack up 100+ tackles in a 3-4.

Agreed. Both guys on the inside are new (the other guy next to Edwards was released, forgot his name), and it's anybodys guess who is going to be the more productive of the two. Personally, I would much rather take the guess work out of things and just go for MLBs if I had the chance, but at the price you pay for one of these two, it might be worth it. SD is a somewhat unusual situation IMO, and the ILBs may be more free to roam and rack up some nice stats. Castillo is a freaking beast, and we all know about Merriman demanding constant attention...

Adalius Thomas might get replaced by Dan Cody. That situation is more guesswork than anything right now, but I think Cody has the most talent, thus best chance.

I've heard they are looking at Jarrett Johnson to replace Thomas. Not really that much chance of an unknown guy coming and and grabbing 10+ sacks from the SLB position IMO. But then again, this is Baltimore we're talking about. Stranger things have happened. Johnson should be on your radar.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk