My 2007 WR Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats (Updated) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My 2007 WR Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats (Updated)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My 2007 WR Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats

Postby buckwild13 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:37 pm

i dont see any problem with reggie wayne as the no. 1. before the fantasy playoffs last year he was the #1 fantasy wr in the league. and sooner or later he has to take over the top wr spot on that team. since he put up wr1 stats last year this could be his year to take the crown.
buckwild13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Great work again!

Personally, I still don't see Wayne surpassing everyone and being the #1 WR but even if he does, putting him as the #1 assumes some amount of risk over more established and consistent guys. I think I might still rank him about 3 or 4 spots lower.

Also for me, Boldin over Fitzgerald is a stretch. I'll admit that he's more consistent week over week and he could even end up with slightly more yardage than Fitz, but Fitz is the red zone target and he'll always have more TDs unless he gets hurt. I also have a hunch that Arizona's running game might see more emphasis this year.

I believe Darrell Jackson is going to be overrated this year (and yes, this might be the homer in me). His numbers extrapolate well but he's been injured and missed time the last two seasons. Furthermore, his turf toe still hasn't been completely healed and it's affecting his offseason training with his new team. I read somewhere recently that Arnaz Battle is taking the "flanker" role in the offseason workouts, which under Hostler's offense gets the majority of first looks. If that continues I don't think Jackson is going to be able to effectively take over that role mid-season on a new team. If he can stay healthy and moves into that flanker role, he's probably going to overperform as he's going to see his share of TDs. Hopefully (well, if I draft him; otherwise I don't care) the dropsies won't come back to haunt him.

Steve Smith is working on reputation alone this year. Without a complimenting #2 WR he's going to see more double and triple teams (as you mentioned) which is going to eat into his production. Then again, who else is going to be in the top 6 WRs?

I like the Roy Williams pick. Hopefully Calvin Johnson will hurry up and sign, otherwise he might not immediately gel with the offense. Not that it matters too much as Roy dealth with double and triple teams last year too. Taking some of the pressure off him defensively can only help his numbers IMO. Also I think Martz will open up more of the playbook this year.

I also think Lee Evans might be justifiably ranked above both Colston and Driver, Moss and Burress are too high, and dead on with your analysis of Mark Clayton.

I don't mean to be negative on your work, just posting my opinion (and hoping for discussion). Again, great work on these!!!

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:15 pm

very cool read, thanks for sharing ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PapaPark » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:00 pm

biju wrote:Great work again!

Thanks!

I don't mean to be negative on your work, just posting my opinion (and hoping for discussion). Again, great work on these!!!
;-D

I don't see it as negative at all. Great comments!

very cool read, thanks for sharing

;-D
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby iky » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:50 pm

Great cheatsheet! Very interesting approach. Only thing I don't agree with - Randy Moss is too low. He might have a great year.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Crippler » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:02 pm

iky wrote:Great cheatsheet! Very interesting approach. Only thing I don't agree with - Randy Moss is too low. He might have a great year.

And he could very well be terrible this year...he's too risky to be ranked any higher than he is ranked on this list in my opinion.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby PapaPark » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:20 pm

Updated for your enjoyment

;-D
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: My 2007 WR Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats (Updated)

Postby PapaPark » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:03 am

Sorry - Left one out. Had to update it again.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: My 2007 WR Draft Cheatsheet w/ 2006 stats (Updated)

Postby Ribeye33 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:34 pm

Do you have one of these for Running Backs???? WR's analysis was great.
Ribeye33
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Football Talk