Which RB at #9? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Which RB at #9?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which RB at #9?

Postby Decleater » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:24 am

10 team serpentine redraft. Where do you rank these guys who should be there with my 1-9 and 2-12 picks?

Westbrook
Rudi
Henry
Maroney
Bush
R. Brown

Any thoughts?
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which RB at #9?

Postby Bjorne Greece » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:51 pm

If it were a point per reception league, Westbrook & Bush would have more value than if it weren't. But assuming it's not PPR I'd rank them as follows:

Rudi
Westbrook
Maroney
Henry
R. Brown
Bush

if it IS a PPR league:
Westbrook
Maroney
Rudi
Bush
Brown
Henry
Bjorne Greece
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Decleater » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:06 pm

It's not PPR, just TD heavy and basic scoring. 1 pt. 25 yards rushing/receiving.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:35 pm

I'd go:

B Westbrook
R Johnson
L Maroney
R Bush
T Henry
R Brown
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Decleater » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Although I love Maroney and his potential in NE, I'm still worried about that surgically repaired shoulder they are keeping on the downlow. Seems like they aren't saying much about it and neither is he, other than he'll be ready to go. Well, he hasn't done much in mini camps at all this offseason. Westy could get limited use if McNabb is back to form as well as that rookie back Hunt would steal goal line duty. Rudi is as good as gold, but we'll see if he's there. Reggie is awesome, but I just wish my league would give us points for our players who perform on special teams as well. All of Reggie's points go to the person who has the Saints D/ST which sucks! Hopefully we could change that rule before the season.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:20 pm

Decleater wrote:Although I love Maroney and his potential in NE, I'm still worried about that surgically repaired shoulder they are keeping on the downlow. Seems like they aren't saying much about it and neither is he, other than he'll be ready to go. Well, he hasn't done much in mini camps at all this offseason. Westy could get limited use if McNabb is back to form as well as that rookie back Hunt would steal goal line duty. Rudi is as good as gold, but we'll see if he's there. Reggie is awesome, but I just wish my league would give us points for our players who perform on special teams as well. All of Reggie's points go to the person who has the Saints D/ST which sucks! Hopefully we could change that rule before the season.

If the Pats were that worried about Maroney they wouldn't have been so anxious to cut Dillon loose - besides, mini-camp is all no-pads drills, wait until training camp starts next week. And a healthy McNabb also mean lots of passes for Westbrook - don't forget they like to use him that way. And Reggie also gets used lots as a receiver too and will no doubt used more in the running game this year.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:19 pm

I'd go:

Rudi
Westy
Maroney
Henry
Bush
Brown

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Decleater » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:31 pm

TN Titans:

You're not at all concerned with the fact that Westy has continual injuries year after year? I mean, I had him on my team last season, but was a continual "gametime decision". Took him out a couple times which cost me two games! If I had just won one more game I woulda been in the playoffs for the Superbowl, instead of the "Toilet Bowl", which I was the highest point scorer all the way through! Also, do you think it would be wise to waste a pick on a speedy, yet injury riddled Maroney just cause he's playing for the Pats? I mean, I'm from up in the Minnesota area and the dude is speedy and shifty sure. But this past season split time with Dillon and was nicked up quite a bit and had major shoulder surgery. I dunno....why not take Henry or Bush ahead of those two instead?
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:45 pm

Decleater wrote:TN Titans:

You're not at all concerned with the fact that Westy has continual injuries year after year? I mean, I had him on my team last season, but was a continual "gametime decision". Took him out a couple times which cost me two games! If I had just won one more game I woulda been in the playoffs for the Superbowl, instead of the "Toilet Bowl", which I was the highest point scorer all the way through! Also, do you think it would be wise to waste a pick on a speedy, yet injury riddled Maroney just cause he's playing for the Pats? I mean, I'm from up in the Minnesota area and the dude is speedy and shifty sure. But this past season split time with Dillon and was nicked up quite a bit and had major shoulder surgery. I dunno....why not take Henry or Bush ahead of those two instead?

Henry is nothing special in a PPR. I think as long as Westy is healthy he should outscore Henry be a decent amount. A big enough amount to take the risk. Henry hasnt been the pillar of health his whole career either. I like Bush a lot, but he is still splitting time with Duece and until he gets to carry the load I see Westy outscoring him. Like Westy better than Maroney because he is fat more proven and Maroney still has the shoulder injury hanging over his head but Maroney is going to catch more passes than Henry if healthy.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Decleater » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:07 pm

Yeah, I hear what you are saying about Westy, it's just that I can't stand that gametime decision crap. Henry has has his share of injuries in the past, but he's supposedly in the best shape of his career. Not to mention in the best place he could ever hope to be as far as running backs go. I could also have a chance at Edge there too, but not so high on the Cards.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Beginner's Forum