Draft Rosters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Draft Rosters

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Rosters

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:47 pm

So I'm running an auction on fantasyauctioneer for my league but I have an issue with roster spots. With a draft this early (August 1st) I have a preference of not drafting either kickers or Ds to save space for speculative players (say the Vick type who I don't know if he'll play) or reserves in case one of my guys gets injured in preseason. It's very easy to grab a K/D before week 1. Anyways, fantasyauctioneer forces you to fill your starting lineup, and therefore I couldn't do this. I'm wondering if it would be wrong to just change it to 15 Bench Spots instead of QB, RB, RB... etc.? That way I wouldn't have to worry about filling a starting lineup. The league of course is run on Yahoo so I'd just be transferring it from fantasyauctioneer. I'd have to of course run this through with my league first if i was considering implementing it. My only concern is that people forget to draft a starting lineup by accident although I'm sure everyone is experienced enough to not make this mistake.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Rosters

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:04 pm

Yea I dont see anything wrong with it. I personally dont like to draft a K this early either. I would run it by the league though and make sure that they are in agreence. Unless you are trying to slide it past them so they will draft to fill out their roster and you can have free reign on picks. Thats pretty unsporting though.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Draft Rosters

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:33 pm

My other option is to just convert the K/Def position in two extra bench spots. That would seem more reasonable.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner