Joey Harrington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Harrington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Joey Harrington

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:10 pm

I've always rooted for Joey, I really have... but not this year. The Wr's are Terrible, plain and simple, and I just don't like the whole situation surrounding the falcons... I won't be drafting any ATL players besides maybe Crumpler(if value presents itself).
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:11 pm

I think Harrington will be just about as good this year for the Falcons as he has been in past years. The Falcons don't exactly have great recievers, but Harrington will act more like a quarterback and less like a running back taking the snaps from the center.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:42 pm

Heck, if he were still top dog in Miami I'd draft Cleo Lemon first. That said, if Atlanta doesnt bring anyone in, I'd rather draft Shockley. Harrington sucks, Shockley hasn't proven whether he sucks or not yet.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:06 pm

The Falcons don't play Detroit this year so that greatly reduces the odds of Joey Blueskies throwing a multi-TD game to just about nil.

Who knows, maybe Joey Scattergun can hit his stride in ATL. One thing is certain, he is the only one in Atlanta not pulling for Vick be cleared of his doggie pooh and re-instated as the Falcon QB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Atog » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:34 pm

I still believe in Joey!

Seriously. :-o
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WeArePSU11' » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:48 pm

In all seriousness though, Even if Joey still has little to no fantasy value, this has to raise crumplers and possibly joe horn's value. I mean vick would have 120 yards in a game where crumpler had 60 of those and he had the only touchdown. Even if Joey puts up 200 yds with 1 td and 2 int every game, i garuntee you Crumpler is just a little more consistant than he was last year. Anyone in Atlanta besides Vick has to have a positive impact on the fantasy value of the recievers
WeArePSU11'
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Munboy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:27 pm

WeArePSU11' wrote:In all seriousness though, Even if Joey still has little to no fantasy value, this has to raise crumplers and possibly joe horn's value. I mean vick would have 120 yards in a game where crumpler had 60 of those and he had the only touchdown. Even if Joey puts up 200 yds with 1 td and 2 int every game, i garuntee you Crumpler is just a little more consistant than he was last year. Anyone in Atlanta besides Vick has to have a positive impact on the fantasy value of the recievers

Good point. Joey will certainly have better passing numbers than Vick, and considering Horn and Crumpler are the only ones who can actually catch the ball, I think it does raise their value a bit. I might even consider picking up Joey in late rounds as a bye/match up bencher.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:08 pm

I have the feeling that this will be a lost season for Atlanta. Vick won't play, Harrington will suck, and D.J. Shockley will start after 10 weeks. I'm avoiding all Atlanta skill positions like the plague.

Atlanta is on the road at Tampa Bay in week 15 and at Arizona in week 16, which are the fantasy playoffs. Drafting Bucs and Cardinals may not be a bad idea. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby mikus » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 pm

The Lung wrote:I have the feeling that this will be a lost season for Atlanta. Vick won't play, Harrington will suck, and D.J. Shockley will start after 10 weeks. I'm avoiding all Atlanta skill positions like the plague.

Atlanta is on the road at Tampa Bay in week 15 and at Arizona in week 16, which are the fantasy playoffs. Drafting Bucs and Cardinals may not be a bad idea. ;-D

I agree with you. I think the potential loss of Michael Vick for the season actually will hurt Atlanta's offense, especially Crumpler. Vick and Crump had great synergy, who knows if Joey Harrington will develop the same type of trust with him that Vick had developed over the years.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:42 am

PMoneyTKE wrote:I think they sign C-Pep, but thats just a hunch I have...

Petrino, McKay, and Blank have all said they have no interest in him. I think they are calling this season a wash and Petrino is hoping they finish in dead last and he can draft Brohm
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk