questions on a dynasty football league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

questions on a dynasty football league

Moderator: Football Moderators

questions on a dynasty football league

Postby Big Sportman » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:40 am

Me and a couple of guys want to take our football league to the next level and make it a dynasty league. My questions are as followed

How many teams should I have in the league for dynasty purposes?

Head-to-Head seems to work really good or is there a better way?

What the salary cap should be?

How many players on a team?

Thanks for the input.
Big Sportman
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: questions on a dynasty football league

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:38 am

Big Sportman wrote:Me and a couple of guys want to take our football league to the next level and make it a dynasty league. My questions are as followed

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

Big Sportman wrote:How many teams should I have in the league for dynasty purposes?

I think the number of teams isn't too much of a decision, obviously it is best to have a core group of guys that will continue with this year for years to come. You don't want to get too big that you have a lot of turnover. It is harder to find replacement to take over a team that was not well run or abandoned. I think 10-12 is a decent league.

Big Sportman wrote:Head-to-Head seems to work really good or is there a better way?

H2H is the only way to play fantasy football ;-D

Big Sportman wrote:What the salary cap should be?

It depends how detailed you want to get. I am in 2 dynasty leagues with salary caps and both are totally different. 1 has a 88 million cap and the other is 100 million. Again depending how detailed you want to get, you also don't need to have a salary cap to run a dynasty league. Check out some of the leagues in the draft forums for options or let me know and I can send you a couple examples of cap options.

Big Sportman wrote:How many players on a team?

Again, this is a personal preference. Generally the roster are larger for a dynasty league so you have room to hold on to develepmental players(rookies/sleepers) It also depends on the cap, you can have as many players as you want as long as you are under teh cap, but can still field a starting line-up or you can have a max number, probably double the starting requirements or 1.5 times.

Big Sportman wrote:Thanks for the input.

No problem and take a look around there are a lot of great guys and gals here ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner