07 RB Rankings w/Projections - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

07 RB Rankings w/Projections

Moderator: Football Moderators

07 RB Rankings w/Projections

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:05 am

Here's my RB rankings with projections. It's pretty early so these are almost certainly gonna be tweaked. These are like the preliminaries. 1/10 Rushing/Receive, 6/TDs, -2 Fum

Personally RB projections seem the hardest for me to make. I don't know what it is, maybe projecting the number of carries for each RB?

Anyways...

- MJD is pretty high, at least higher than I expected. However, his projections aren't insane either. It's his receiving yards that are gonna give him that boost.

- People are way too high on Bush. I seriously don't expect him to eclipse the 200 carry mark. His receiving yards definitely aren't enough to warrant a first round pick (unless it's PPR).

- I was liking Portis a lot but realistically he's not looking like much better than a late 2nd/early 3rd pick. He does have lots of upside but I'm factoring in the high risk/Betts factor.

- Ahman is actually pretty high. I don't expect him to slow down and Houston actually had not a bad running game last year. Their line should be improved this year.

- I feel Barber and JJones to put up very similar points. I still feel Jones is gonna get more carries and will be the "starter" over Barber, especially with the new HC

- Looking at Peterson's projections he's probably a bit high but he certainly has enormous upside and a RBBC may actually help him

- On the flip side Lynch is really low. I factored in his brutal schedule, I believe probably the worst in the league

- For the Atlanta backs, if Vick is suspended I'd add at least about 20-30 points to each of them

More rankings to come.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 07 RB Rankings w/Projections

Postby carpenter333 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:06 am

Overall pretty good. Thanks for posting
carpenter333 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby steelerfan04 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:30 pm

Personally I think Edge is way too high, I don't see him having a bouneback season this year. Ranking him ahead of guys like Rudi Johnson doesn't seem right. Good stuff overall.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:52 pm

do people really expect Jackson to put up those kind of recieving numbers again? i really expect something more like 50/450 which would bump him below LJ...where he should be
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:16 pm

I find it interesting that you have Portis with what I would consider low projected numbers but Betts doesn't receive that much love either. I would assume if Portis' value is down, it's because of Betts eating into it.
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 pm

have a new set for this year coming out soon? i used yours as my initial tool last year. the way you set it up on the spreadsheet is very useful
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DemonDeacon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:08 pm

if thats not proof that the RB/RB era might be coming to an end here soon i dont know what is... 6 of the projected top 10 were busts last year
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 18)

Return to Football Talk