Here's my RB rankings with projections. It's pretty early so these are almost certainly gonna be tweaked. These are like the preliminaries. 1/10 Rushing/Receive, 6/TDs, -2 Fum
Personally RB projections seem the hardest for me to make. I don't know what it is, maybe projecting the number of carries for each RB?
- MJD is pretty high, at least higher than I expected. However, his projections aren't insane either. It's his receiving yards that are gonna give him that boost.
- People are way too high on Bush. I seriously don't expect him to eclipse the 200 carry mark. His receiving yards definitely aren't enough to warrant a first round pick (unless it's PPR).
- I was liking Portis a lot but realistically he's not looking like much better than a late 2nd/early 3rd pick. He does have lots of upside but I'm factoring in the high risk/Betts factor.
- Ahman is actually pretty high. I don't expect him to slow down and Houston actually had not a bad running game last year. Their line should be improved this year.
- I feel Barber and JJones to put up very similar points. I still feel Jones is gonna get more carries and will be the "starter" over Barber, especially with the new HC
- Looking at Peterson's projections he's probably a bit high but he certainly has enormous upside and a RBBC may actually help him
- On the flip side Lynch is really low. I factored in his brutal schedule, I believe probably the worst in the league
- For the Atlanta backs, if Vick is suspended I'd add at least about 20-30 points to each of them
More rankings to come.