"Handcuffing" Bush and McAllister - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"Handcuffing" Bush and McAllister

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: "Handcuffing" Bush and McAllister

Postby shaba » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:28 am

I think its fine..Personally think Duce is undervalued...I grabbed him in the 8th round last years draft....He recorded 1300 yards & 10 TD's...Needless to say he was in my lineup almost every game. Fantasy wise he scored equal to or slightly more than Bush did in my PPR league. Bush got alot more recetpitons but only had 8 TD's. Mind you im sure he will im prove on that this year. Idont agree they are trying to phase duce out just yet. The two compliment each other in a big way..the foucus on Reggie hand off to Duce. Key on Duce toss off to Bush. Keeps Defense guessing & opens up the game for both of them.

So yes they would be the only Tadum Id be comfy w/ starting together every week. I would love to get Duce in the 8th again this year but def itsnt gona happen..
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:14 am

IF your league scoring favors Bush, then you don't want McAllister IMO.

Bush is ONLY favored in heavy PPR scoring. And McAllister is not going to catch more than 15 or 20 passes. Do yourself a favor and take Ahman Green, Julius Jones, or even Jerious Norwood instead of Deuce. Those guys have legit chances of catching 40+ passes.

IF you take Bush in a non-ppr league in the late first, you are making a huge mistake IMO. Omitting your scoring is a mistake as well. If you want the best help, you provide as much information as possible for us to assess the situation.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby BrewCrew6 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:20 am

Our league definitly favors Bush, PPR with bonus points for long TD's
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:25 am

Then take Bush and avoid Deuce.

Although you may have to reach, I love Julius Jones in that format.

Ahman Green is the pick in the 3rd/4th though if he is there. He's got a pretty damn big catch potential down in Houston. With Owen Daniels emerging and McCardell coming on board, that is going to be a potent enough offense to do some real damage. Especially with a beast like Andre Johnson moving the chains.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Azrael » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:I wouldn't necessarily agree with everyone who says that it'd be bad to have them both because you'd never start them. Last year my two top RBs were non-existent and I ended up with the Jones-Drew/Taylor combo. Mind you it was PPR. I had McGahee but he was injured half the time. I ended up playing the both of them a couple weeks and they were money. I'm not saying that NO has or will have that same type of game going but it's similar. Really Deuce and Bush have completely different games. Bush is gonna get hella lots of catches and receiving yards with moderate rushing totals and very few rushing TDs. Deuce on the other hand is gonna probably put up decent yardage (better than Bush) and lots of TDs. While it's not as good as starting an LT or SJax, you could do a whole lot worse with 2 RBs.

Again, it's not that bad to be playing 2 backs from the same team if they are both producing but for what price? Taylor was probably a late single digit round pick and mostly likely Drew was a last round or WW pickup last year. If you are playing guys with that kind of value, great! My beef is spending a 1st and 4th rounder on them and put yourself behind the 8 ball at other positions.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Popcynical » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:58 am

Last year I traded Alexander and Morris for Bush and McAllister towards the beginning of the season - mere days before Alexander's foot injury was released. I can say this... towards the end of the season I'd usually start both of them, and they'd usually bring in just as much as you can expect from any RB1 and RB2. The fact that my league was a PPR league did weight Bush's value, though.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk