Any debate on the Number 1 pick?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any debate on the Number 1 pick??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Any debate on the Number 1 pick??

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:43 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Juice3100 wrote:The only reason i ask this question is because of the league i am in. The possiblity is that the league could turn into a keeper league. It that is so and it does should i possibly take Steven Jackson with the first pick instead of LT, or is LT the only way to go?? Or maybe i am over thinking this first pick thing all together???

The first pick in all drafts should be LT2 and the second pick in all drafts should be SJax. If not, I question the league :-? :^

i disagree with the S-JAX part
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:07 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Juice3100 wrote:The only reason i ask this question is because of the league i am in. The possiblity is that the league could turn into a keeper league. It that is so and it does should i possibly take Steven Jackson with the first pick instead of LT, or is LT the only way to go?? Or maybe i am over thinking this first pick thing all together???

The first pick in all drafts should be LT2 and the second pick in all drafts should be SJax. If not, I question the league :-? :^

Really??!? Who would you make a case for?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:29 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:The first pick in all drafts should be LT2 and the second pick in all drafts should be SJax. If not, I question the league :-? :^

Really??!? Who would you make a case for?

i'd take LJ...i'm noy buying into all the Doom and Gloom about the holdout and the changes to the offense...i think it might have some effect but i still expect 1500 Rushing, 40/400 Recieving and 15 TD's out of LJ...they just dont have any other options

i expect Jacksons recieving totals to drop quite a bit and i dont see him outrushing LJ...something more like 1400 Rush, 50/450 Recieving and 12 TD's

i might be wrong but personally i think Jacksons being overhyped based on last December when he blew up
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:41 am

perhaps. but not in a keeper. he has significantly less hits and miles and years on him than lj. i like lj, but i think in a keeper, for sure, sjax is a better pick at #2.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby treat24 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:01 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'd take LJ...i'm noy buying into all the Doom and Gloom about the holdout and the changes to the offense...i think it might have some effect but i still expect 1500 Rushing, 40/400 Recieving and 15 TD's out of LJ...they just dont have any other options

i expect Jacksons recieving totals to drop quite a bit and i dont see him outrushing LJ...something more like 1400 Rush, 50/450 Recieving and 12 TD's

i might be wrong but personally i think Jacksons being overhyped based on last December when he blew up

i could not possibly agree more... you are right on about this... ;-D ;-D ;-D although you can't complain about having a guy with that upside and 24 years old... but yeah, his last half of the season got his way too much hype...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:51 am

I guess I just don't see it then.

SJax - same QB, attending pre-season(training camp)

LJ - different QB, missing pre-season(training camp)

In 13 of the 16 games last year SJax had between 18-25 carries. This is taking out his 2 big weeks at the end of the season(the remaining carries were 7,31 and 33). His 13 games between 18-25 is an average of 21.5 carries a game, if he continues with say even a 4.1 ypc, that is 1410 yards, just rushing. 7 of the 16 games he had less than 4 recepitons. I see the same amount of production out of him. I have yet to be in a draft that SJax was not the 2nd pick, I'll be surprised to see it happen in any future drafts I'm in.

With the stats you are projecting, the difference is less than 2 points per game difference(standard scoring). I would take the guy with less overall team risk :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby treat24 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:26 am

i would love to see leonard take all goalline carries and sjax get 3 TDs... even though i have him, i couldn't help but laugh at that scenario :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:23 am

Wait... so you're saying that you're going to draft first and THEN decide if it's a keeper league or not? That's really not cool. You should tell the commish that he needs to announce whether it's going to be a keeper league or not, officially, before the draft. That affects too much to just go unknown until after the draft.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Juice3100 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:24 pm

We wont acutally decide if it will be a keeper until just before the draft begins, that is the reason for the question just to get an idea of everyones thoughts on what to do, if it does turn into a keeper league or not!!!
Juice3100
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk