Claims settings... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Claims settings...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Claims settings...

Postby chk57 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:51 pm

I seem to get confused with claims settings and how they could impact the overall play for the season so I'm hoping you guys can comment on how I have it set now...and what things should be changed that I'm just not thinking about.

I'm doing a 12 man league in FANBALL utilizing an Automated Claim system.

Claim Rank is worst to first division win %, worst to first win %, worst to first points scored. Multiple players allowed to be claimed during any single claim process with 1st ranked team getting one...then second gets one...and so on linear...then start over.

Claim deadline/processing is to happen on Wednesdays at 11:59PM EST.

I allow Free Agent ADDS/DROPS at any time.

Dropped players I'm a bit confused on...I have it set for them to become available for pickup the next week on Wednesdays at 1159 PM. I was thinking maybe I should set that to after 48 hours but then there could be some malfeasance when someone becomes available between first game and last game being played in any week.

Any comments are appreciated.
chk57
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Claims settings...

Postby aman74 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 pm

I'm using AOL which is the same as Fanball as far as I know. Yes, it is confusing the way they have things listed. Very flexible site, but cyptic setup.

Claims, Waivers, Free Agents and add/drops all intertwine.

You need to make sure that Free agent moves are set to start after your claims period.

I think dropped players should get pushed to the beginning of the next claim period. Only problem is that if people are allowed to drop pickup at anytime after the claim period and they just start switching players in and out because they change there mind or whatever then those players get locked out until the next week.

I like the blind bidding system. I think it's the only true fair way for everyone. Winning percentage isn't a gauge of team need when there is so much luck involved with fantasy football.

I'm thinking of just having a blind bid claiming system and no free agency period afterwards. You should be able to manage your roster well enough without ending up needing a player on game day. Especially since we are allowing an IR spot. Any thoughts on this?

Also, make sure to watch your settings on weeks that have Thurs. and Sat. games. I think Wed. is a bit early in the week for the deadline, since injury problems aren't as known until later in the week or never if it's the Patriots. I think ours will be set to Fri. or Sat. and then we'll move it for the weeks that have earlier in the week games.
Finally won a league last year.
aman74
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner