Will Reggie Brown produce WR1 numbers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Reggie Brown produce WR1 numbers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Will Reggie Brown produce WR1 numbers

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:03 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:55 catches, 900 yards, 6 TD's = meh.

he'll be a decent #2 or good #3 WR

Where are you getting these numbers from? Last year he went: 46/816/8. He also rushed for a TD, giving him nine total. And that was with Stallworth on board, and now as the WR1 he's got a clear path to even better numbers.

I'd say 75/1,000/10 are far more likely.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:23 pm

knapplc wrote:

Where are you getting these numbers from? Last year he went: 46/816/8. He also rushed for a TD, giving him nine total. And that was with Stallworth on board, and now as the WR1 he's got a clear path to even better numbers.

basing them off his history, but Philly spreads the ball around so much i dont see him putting up elite numbers...he may end up with a few more TD than i predicted but i dont see him hauling in a ton of balls with Westy, Curtis and LJ Smith to contend with
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:

basing them off his history, but Philly spreads the ball around so much i dont see him putting up elite numbers...he may end up with a few more TD than i predicted but i dont see him hauling in a ton of balls with Westy, Curtis and LJ Smith to contend with

He's no elite WR, but he'll do OK this year. He'll be a pretty good WR2, and for where he'll most likely get drafted he'll be a good bargain.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 pm

I'm pretty much with Dan here....decent #2 but better #3

65 rec
975 yds
7 tds
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:22 pm

While we're discussing break out recievers, what are peoples thoughts on Mark Clayton.....I LOVE his potential. I think he's a unique talent, but will he get a shot at 1,000 yards in Baltimore's offense?
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:32 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Philly does spread the ball, but they a) throw for a ton of yards. There is a lot of receiving points to be had. b) have no problem showing love to a talented WR. Most of that history is based off of years when Duce Staley was the best WR on the team. TO had no problem posting 100 yards nearly every game, and last year whoever lined up as the #1 WR (Stallworth when healthy, Reggie when he wasn't) had no problem producing quality numbers.

However, I hope a lot of people this year think like you are and make Reggie a steal.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Billsbacker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:37 pm

How can you go wrong with the #1 WR in a pass-happy offense??? Brown was on pace for a 200-fantasy point season last year before McNabb got hurt (and McNabb was on pace for something like 4600 passing yards)....That pace may not have lasted, but McNabb is healthy again, and Brown has less competition at WR this year, so you gotta believe that Brown is due for a very nice year!

Brown is being drafted as a WR2/WR3, but will perform like a WR1/WR2.
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby m16a » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Yeah. I really think he is going to do great this year. And I am glad to have gotten him round 6 ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:41 pm

McNabb is healthy? I figured he'd still be recovering from his injury last year. E
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:00 pm

knapplc wrote:

I agree with you Knapp. Assuming Mcnabb stays healthy, Reggie will definitely improve his numbers from last season. He also put up better stats with Mcnabb then Garcia too:

29/551/6 (1 rushing TD) with Mcnabb
17/265/3 with Garcia.

Reggie played 9 with Mcnabb, 6 with Garcia. Now that's still 3 less games, but he would have had to put up some pretty big numbers in those 3 games to compete with how he did with Mcnabb. Considering Stallworth is gone also, I can definitely see him brake double digits in TD's and get over the 1,000 mark.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk