Crumpler Stats without Vick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Crumpler Stats without Vick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Crumpler Stats without Vick?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:45 pm

anyone have any idea how he does without Vick at QB (i.e. when Schaub fills in)

i've always assumed he put up such nice numbers because Vick is such a terrible passing QB and always looks to Crump to bail him out, or is Crump that good of a TE

...or to the point, what kind of numbers does everyone expect out of Crump if Joey's at the helm?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Crumpler Stats without Vick?

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:03 pm

It depends on a lot of things. If Dunn is out or not up to 100% after this surgery, I don't know that Norwood is ready to take on the full load. If that's the case they may be asking more of Harrington, and if he's back in the pocket more I think he'll be dumping the ball off to Crump quite a bit. With Joe Horn and Michael Jenkins out in routes, who would you rather throw to if you were Joey?

I think Crump has a pretty good season, assuming Atlanta doesn't just crash and burn without Vick and/or a healthy Dunn.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:06 pm

I'm gonna say his stats drop a bit. Vick had an absolute man-love for Crumpler. With someone like Harrington in I'd say there might even be a slight increase in the other WRs stats though. The biggest benefactors would easily be both Norwood and Dunn.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:27 pm

If anything I think Crumpler's stats while Vick was under center are a testament to how talented he is. No one else has been able be a productive receiver with Vick. I dont think his numbers drop that much. Not that I think Harrington is a better passer than Vick (one of few QBs I think is worse than Vick at passing), but I think Crumpler will help make Joey look better by catching a lot of balls that could've been drops.

However, with the change in QB situation I'm hesitant to place Crumpler as high as I would've. With Vick, I'd say Gates gets his own tier, Crumpler is in a Tier below him, then I'd throw Gonzo, Heap, Winslow, and Shockey into their own tier. Now I'd say Crumpler falls back into that 3rd tier, though he's still likely my #2.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Billsbacker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Exactly - I'm not going near Crumps without Vick around. Harrington had a pretty decent TE in Miami, and did nothing with him.....
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:52 pm

I'd have to wait and see a couple exhibition games to see how the new offense is run by the new coach and Joey Blueskies. Crumpler should produce top ten numbers, maybe not the top 4 numbers I expected before the dog police tore up the place.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Timbathia » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Billsbacker wrote:Exactly - I'm not going near Crumps without Vick around. Harrington had a pretty decent TE in Miami, and did nothing with him.....

Yeah but Atlanta's o-line is better, and in Miami the TE wasnt the best receiver (Chambers was).

I could actually see Crumpler being better with someone else (even Harrington) than when he was with Vick. While we all know that Vick loves Crumpler, last year Alge had the ball thrown too him the same number of times as Gonzo and about 15 less times than Shockey and Heap. Crumpler caught a lower percentage than all of those guys (~15 - 20% lower than Heap and Gonzo). We all know that Vick's receivers catch lower percentages than everyone else in the universe (because he throws as hard as he can while standing next to them), and that last year Vick averaged 24 passing attempts and 13 completions per game (which is retardedly low).

Since Crumpler is Atlanta's best receiver, I could easily see him being targeted more than last year and having a higher completion percentage.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kilroy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:15 pm

It's kinda hard to say, but given the new offense and a new QB (who doesn't have a reputation of looking for his TE) I'd be inclined to predict a drop in Crumpler's prediction. How big a drop remains to be seen.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk