Hey Iggle fans... and everyone else! How's DMac? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hey Iggle fans... and everyone else! How's DMac?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hey Iggle fans... and everyone else! How's DMac?

Postby chidoy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:05 am

So Philly fans, I know it's early but what are the reports on how McNabb is doing with his knee? All the reports I have seen, say that he's doing ok and "should" be ready for week 1.

What are peoples' thoughts on him this year? Seems a lot of people rank him around teh 6th best QB behind the big 5. I personally would draft him, even with his injury concerns. Everyone knows how well he was doing b4 the injury so what about this year??? What do you guys think?

Thanks! ;-D
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hey Iggle fans... and everyone else! How's DMac?

Postby chidoy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:38 pm

bumpity bump
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Popcynical » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:35 am

You know... with all this mass media and internet business... it's pretty rare that local fans find out about player news quicker than the rest of the world.

But anyways... from Rotoworld:

Donovan McNabb (torn ACL) has been medically cleared for training camp.
He'll don a brace, but will be on the practice field for Saturday morning's workout. This isn't surprising, but more good news for McNabb's recovery.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:44 am

If you can get him as the 6th QB in the draft, I think he's well worth the injury risk. Yes, its a concern, but when he plays, he puts up Peyton Manning numbers. If you get him round 5 or 6, it could be the pick that makes your team unstoppable. Or course, he might get injured or just not be able to come back from this one. Given how his injuries were never recurring types, I don't worry about him getting injured again as much as I worry he's had one major surgery too many.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:29 am

As a local, its great to hear the progress he's been making. He's gonna be in camp, and a few weeks ago they had a small practice and there was dmac, his usual smiling self, running around, tossing the ball. Things look good, take him if you can ;-D ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby sublimeandy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:03 pm

i heard him on WIP 610 today, he was saying he was 75% and that a 75% donovan is still one of the best qb's in the league. like one of the last guys said he's wearing a brace possibly for the whole season. he also seemed very insistent upon not rushing himself back if he wasn't ready to go, which can only be a good thing. everything sounds optimistic so far.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:12 pm

McNabb Will Practice With Eagles

By ROB MAADDI | AP Sports Writer
7:10 PM EDT, July 27, 2007

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Donovan McNabb was cleared to practice when the Philadelphia Eagles take the field for the first time Saturday.

The five-time Pro Bowl quarterback hasn't played in a game since he tore a ligament in his right knee on Nov. 19. He participated in the team's final minicamp last month, but it wasn't a certainty he would start training camp on time.

"He feels good and he'll be ready to roll," coach Andy Reid said Friday. "We'll keep a close eye on him and just see how he does. He'll probably start out with a brace for precautionary measures. It's his right leg, his plant leg, so we'll see how he does the first three days. I'm going to take it slow with him."

McNabb didn't wear the brace in June, and Reid said he might not use it once the regular season starts.

"It's more of a security blanket for him," Reid said. "It gives him more stability."

Even without any setbacks, McNabb still might sit out the first preseason game at Baltimore on Aug. 13.

"I'm not in any hurry to push him into the first preseason game," Reid said. "I just want to make sure that he's very sure of his leg and he feels comfortable mentally and physically. From what I've see, he's well on his way."

McNabb was having one of his best seasons before he was injured against the Tennessee Titans. He had 2,647 yards passing and 18 touchdowns for a quarterback rating of 95.5 in 10 games.

Jeff Garcia replaced McNabb and helped the Eagles capture the NFC East title with five straight wins down the stretch. Philadelphia advanced to the second round of the playoffs, before losing 27-24 at New Orleans.

Garcia signed with Tampa Bay in free agency, so A.J. Feeley enters the season as McNabb's backup. The Eagles also acquired veteran Kelly Holcomb in a trade and selected quarterback Kevin Kolb in the second round with their first pick in the NFL draft.

Durability has been a problem for the 30-year-old McNabb. He's finished the regular season on the sidelines three times in five years. A sports hernia forced McNabb to miss the final seven games in 2005 and he sat out the last six games with a broken ankle in 2002 before returning for the playoffs.

"I'm not coming into it thinking that Donovan is going to get hurt this season," Reid said. "I'm looking at Donovan having a great season. He was on an MVP pace last year. I expect him to pick that up and go right through the season that way and stay healthy the whole season."

McNabb will practice with rookies and selected veterans for three days. The rest of the team is due on Monday, and the first practice in full pads is Wednesday.

source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/foot ... 2566.story
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:15 pm

I am looking to draft him this year. He is well worth the risk in the 6th round since he is capable of putting up top 3 QB numbers.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk