HELP!!...Those veteran FF owner with ESP!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

HELP!!...Those veteran FF owner with ESP!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

HELP!!...Those veteran FF owner with ESP!!!!

Postby ssarmstro » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:00 am

I am new to fansty and I have been posting here to gain as much knowledge as possible. I want to know what things do you guys look for in training camp and Pre-season game which helps you to evaluate a sleeper? Like Colston, I want to know that person who scouted him and knew if given the opportunity he would shine. I know teams do hide players. I want the best strategy to evaluate players. Like look at when they put guys in to see if they are going against a 1st stringer or top 2nd. How much play time.... I just need some hints because I have no idea of what to look for. ..(example: Like willie parker who knew?--- De De Dorsey has a shot this year to get big minutes-- MJD who knew?) Can you list some people you will be watching......
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: HELP!!...Those veteran FF owner with ESP!!!!

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:08 pm

We'll there are certain sites out there where you can get training camp reports, I suggest taking a look at those. Although they are mostly pay sites though I believe.

You may also want to look at players who either A) Are exceptionally high rated at an aspect of their position...such as being very fast, being tall, having good hands are some aspects you might look for in a receiver. and B) Look at guys lower on the depth chart who either Compliment the players higher on the depth chart, or are able to do something the players above him can't...or at least do it better than them significantly enough that they would get chances to shine.

And then theres the lucky situation factor..although this kind of is a little less about training camp. Pay close attention to players on the depth chart behind other players that have any doubts, whether it be injury, contract dispute, or any number of other reasons that they may be doubted.

Now I know I mentioned injury in the past paragraph, but it deserves its own paragraph. Injuries happen. Keep a close eye on any player who is behind a starter on a depth chart who may have injury concerns, whether it be something small going into training camp, suffered at training camp, anything where the miss time or there is speculation about there being an Issue...an example is Clinton Portis, suffered a shoulder injury in pre-season, and eventually ended his season early. And in the same sense, take a look at players deep on teams that run RBBC, because if one of the players goes down, or is traded or anything, its likely another player will step up and play..ala projected DeDe Dorsey

so basically its not all about ESP...but knowing what to look for, and situations that they could excel into.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Re: HELP!!...Those veteran FF owner with ESP!!!!

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Well, for one thing, just keep on doing what you're doing - stick around here and ask lots of questions. And once the all the training camps are under way and then the pre-season games begin, there will be lots of stuff posted here on potential sleepers to keep an eye on, so just keep checkin' in and reading everything ya can here! Ya won't find a better site for info, and guys willing to help ya out.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Football Talk