Madden 08 Curse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Madden 08 Curse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 08 Curse

Postby zirco33 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:21 am

So whats your thoughts on the Madden curse? I have Vince Young, Matt Lienart, and Jay Cutler as possible keepers. I can keep one which would cost me my 10th round pick.

Do you believe??? and do I draft Cutler or Lienart instead?
zirco33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Madden 08 Curse

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:27 am

zirco33 wrote:So whats your thoughts on the Madden curse? I have Vince Young, Matt Lienart, and Jay Cutler as possible keepers. I can keep one which would cost me my 10th round pick.

Do you believe??? and do I draft Cutler or Lienart instead?

I don't have the time to look up all of the Madden Curse threads, but here is one

EDIT: OK, here is 1 more
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:26 am

Thanks for reminding me about that, I guess I need to take it easy when picking QBs.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:18 pm

I think it may almost be to the point where we need a Madden Curse Forum :-b ;-7
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby zirco33 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:40 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I think it may almost be to the point where we need a Madden Curse Forum :-b ;-7

I see your point. Im still fairly new on this site, so I missed all the juicy Madden curse posts. I really should have just titled it... Who to keep; V Young, M Lienart, or J Cutler?
zirco33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:05 pm

zirco33 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I think it may almost be to the point where we need a Madden Curse Forum :-b ;-7

I see your point. Im still fairly new on this site, so I missed all the juicy Madden curse posts. I really should have just titled it... Who to keep; V Young, M Lienart, or J Cutler?

That would go here:

Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions
Looking for opinions on a trade offer or who to drop for a free agent? Need input on who to draft or keep for next season, or how several players stack up against one another? You've come to the right place!

;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:55 am

keep young. i was bite by the madden curse last year when i took SA but in a keeper league worst thatll happen is he has one bad year on a terrible team. hes going to be great in years to come, i remember when vick was the top or close to to for QBs because of his rushing ability and i can easily see the same for young soon enough
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Heavyg25 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:26 am

You see, the thing people don't consider when it comes to the curse is that I don't think we have ever had someone give up the cover of Maden before so this is something you have to consider. Does the curse pass over you just because you decline the offer? I still believe Ladanian will get the curse this year because I just don't think it skips you just because you say no.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:46 am

I can't really blame it on the curse if Young struggles. He doesn't have many pieces around him to help.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Jagsjag120 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:26 pm

i'd rather have Cutler and Leinart over young curse or no curse. Im not impressed with the guy at all, I think with more tape on the guy this year he will infact get worse. Maybe im being biased because he was a joke in his 2 games against the Jags, but he can thank Garrard for a win, due to possibly the most incomptetant game by any QB on any team last year. I think that the Titans made a mistake drafting the guy and i stand by that now..I keep hearing "all he does is win" I guarantee that won't be said anymore at the seasons end
Jagsjag120
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk