Madden 08 Curse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Madden 08 Curse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Madden 08 Curse

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:11 pm

Jagsjag120 wrote:i'd rather have Cutler and Leinart over young curse or no curse. Im not impressed with the guy at all, I think with more tape on the guy this year he will infact get worse. Maybe im being biased because he was a joke in his 2 games against the Jags, but he can thank Garrard for a win, due to possibly the most incomptetant game by any QB on any team last year. I think that the Titans made a mistake drafting the guy and i stand by that now..I keep hearing "all he does is win" I guarantee that won't be said anymore at the seasons end

I tend to afree with this more than most other Young opinions...I'm just curious how much say Norm Chow had in it...

Also...do we know that no one besides LT has passed on the cover? I mean, no one knows of the top of their head...but how do we know that no one has passed on it besides LT?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1337_Dude » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:09 pm

I'd say keep Leinart, but not because of any curse or anything silly like that, but because he has a better chance at having a good season this year. The whole madden curse thing is silly in my opinion. It's just an amazing fluke, but nothing more.
1337_Dude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:14 pm

An amazing repeating fluke?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby thebigsmooth » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am

I don't believe in the Madden Curse. However, I don't think that Young will have a good year./ He has no weapons at all.

With that said, I think it would have been hilarious if Vick was on the cover this year instead of a few years back!
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Football Talk