quick question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

quick question

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

quick question

Postby sigmaker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:24 pm

hey can anyone tell me where they downloaded gimp because i know its free but every time i try to download it, it says i need winzip to run it and winzip isnt free so is there some way i can winzip free or just gimp and run it without winzip. thanks and please help!
[img]ADMIN%20edit:%20please%20note%20that%20the%20overall%20sig%20limit%20is%2012k%20-%20thanks![/img]
http://nextlevelproductions.freeforums.org <--thats my new sig site with my whole crew
sigmaker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: quick question

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:39 pm

download the trial version of winrar. its will open your GIMP files the exact same way as winzip. i think it comes with a 30 day trial.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sigmaker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:41 pm

then what do i do when the time trial runs out
[img]ADMIN%20edit:%20please%20note%20that%20the%20overall%20sig%20limit%20is%2012k%20-%20thanks![/img]
http://nextlevelproductions.freeforums.org <--thats my new sig site with my whole crew
sigmaker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:46 pm

how many times do you need to unpack and install GIMP? :-?

you basically have 3 choices when a programs trial expires...buy it, reformat your computer and download the trial again, or crack the program.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:48 pm

UltimateUnzip is a free download and doesn't expire and its even better than winzip IMO. Winrar I think is free forever. Winzip used to be completely free as well as far as that you could keep on using it even after the free "trial" you just get a nag screen.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:53 pm

There might be a bit of confusion. You only need to unzip the program the very FIRST time you download it and then its installed and you're finished with the archive program.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re:

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:58 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote: Winrar I think is free forever. Winzip used to be completely free as well as far as that you could keep on using it even after the free "trial" you just get a nag screen.

winrar and winzip are the same. both have free trials that expire, but you can still use after the trial but you get popups after the trial expires. after a while of the popup in winrar, the program wont extract anymore...takes a while to get to that point though. neither of those programs are free, only the trial versions are.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Re:

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:02 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote: Winrar I think is free forever. Winzip used to be completely free as well as far as that you could keep on using it even after the free "trial" you just get a nag screen.

winrar and winzip are the same. both have free trials that expire, but you can still use after the trial but you get popups after the trial expires. after a while of the popup in winrar, the program wont extract anymore...takes a while to get to that point though. neither of those programs are free, only the trial versions are.

OK, there is a rar program that's free, but I can't think of what its named off the top of my head. There are several archival programs that are free, but unltimateunzip is what I use and it works great. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby sigmaker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:21 pm

ok i just started using gimp anyone want to help me on how to make sigs now.
sigmaker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby South Park Cows » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:59 pm

sigmaker wrote:ok i just started using gimp anyone want to help me on how to make sigs now.

Wait, what were you using before?
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off