Need help with a problem in my league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need help with a problem in my league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Need help with a problem in my league

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:08 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:You can't set the veto rule as "league vote" and then just decide to change it without first consulting the entire league and the majority of them agreeing to the change. It looks doubly fishy when you do so just before you engage in a trade that will make your team a "powerhouse".

Vetoing for the sake of vetoing ain't cool, but neither is a commish changing a rule after-the-fact because he doesn't like it.

Sorry man, but your league sounds FUBAR to me.

Kilroy got it right. You're absolutely correct to want to switch to commish only veto, but you set the rules in advance, and its a money league. You simply do not change the rules after people have put their money in. You can't do that. You made your own mess by going with league veto when you knew 4 guys were brand new to fantasy football. Especially with any new people, and even more so in a money league, you do not ever want league veto. But you went with that, and people paid their league fee under those rules, so you have to live with that for this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby extremerob » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:56 pm

My league has been in existence since 1993...we started using USA Today as our official stat sheet. I agree, voting on trades is a bad idea. I have been in other leagues that vote on trades. Trades should not be voted down by an owner just because he/she believes it strengthens a team in the same division or b/c they are mad at an owner for something.

As the commissioner of my league, I believe trades come down to one question...Do both owners truly believe the trade is making their team better?!

If both owners believe this then I think a trade is good! A few years ago, in NFL week 4 an owner traded Cutis Martin, coming off a huge year for Jerome Bettis. Alot of owners pitched a fit! I called the owner and he said he believed Bettis would outscore Martin the remainder of the year...I told him I disagreed, but who are we to say? Turned out Bettis did outscore Martin the remainder of the year. Alot of trades are based on prognostication, so you need to trust your owners and hope everyone wants to keep an integrity to your league.

It does look "fishy" that you changed the rule and now you have a blockbuster trade...Just for info. what is your blockbuster trade that is causing the problems?
extremerob
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:18 am

This belongs in the commish forum. I'm just locking this down, since you already posted over there.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner