16-team Auction/IDP league needing Owners/OCs/DCs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

16-team Auction/IDP league needing Owners/OCs/DCs

Moderator: Football Moderators

16-team Auction/IDP league needing Owners/OCs/DCs

Postby nowitzness49 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:16 pm

League Concept:
This is a 16-team invitation league. Meaning the 16 owners will be given invites to take over a franchise. Once the invites have been handed out the owners are allowed to hire a staff, the staff will consist of an Offensive Coordinator and a Defensive Coordinator. The OC and DC handle the day to day stuff on their sides of the ball while the owner handles budgeting, trades and the like. The owners are allowed to fire any of their staff members without notice if they feel they aren't pulling their weight. Owners can hire whoever they want with no limitations except they cannot hire staff-members of another team, or someone that has quit another team in the last 30 days. They are allowed to hire someone that has been fired immediately. This is an auction league, and eventually a dynasty but in year 1 there will be no contracts since a lot of the teams are going to be new to IDP and auction style leagues and I'd rather they don't shoot themselves in the foot for multiple years.

Lineups:
The current lineups (subject to change until date the auction starts) are:
QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Offensive Flex/K/DL/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/Defensive Flex. The roster size has not been decided yet, but it will be somewhere around 30-35 to facilitate dynasty options in the future.

Scoring:
The scoring will be standard/yardage heavy (10yds rush/rec = 1 point, 25 yards passing = 1 point, all TDs = 6 points with 1 point per reception. The defensive scoring will be tackle heavy with 2 points per tackle, 1 point per assist, 1 point per pass defense, 4 points for all big plays, and 6 points for all defensive TDs. There will be no points given for return or defensive yardage.

Interested Parties:
Please PM me or reply in this thread. More to come, but this is the very basic idea behind the league.

We currently have about 7 owners (out of 16). After the owners are set in stone, we'll take care of the OCs and the DCs. We'd love to have guys that have done an IDP/Auction league before get owner spots, but that experience isn't necessary for the league. Thanks guys, should be fun.
nowitzness49
Water Boy
Water Boy

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 16-team Auction/IDP league needing Owners/OCs/DCs

Postby Teka324 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:12 pm

Hey how are you? i am very interested in this league. My name is John, I'm 30 and i live in Rochester NY. I have been playing fantasy football for about 10 years now and am already involved in a couple of Dynasty/Keeper leagues some of which use IDPs and others that don't. I almost forgot I am also in 1 other league that does utilize all 3 (Auction/Salary Cap/Player Contracts.)

Please contact me @ mailto:jwallace49erfan@hotmail.com @ ASAP. I can also be reached using the following:
YM- touchdown_fever_2000
AIM - MoveTheChainz
MSN Mess - mailto:jwallace49erfan@hotmail.com
Teka324
Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: 16-team Auction/IDP league needing Owners/OCs/DCs

Postby nowitzness49 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks for showing interest guys. I sent PMs and emails to those of you who contacted me about the league, so check for that. There are still a good amount of owner spots left, and remember, you would get to hire your OC and DC and delegate responsibilities. So once again, contact me via PM or post in this thread. Thanks ;-D
nowitzness49
Water Boy
Water Boy

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Classifieds