Main TEN RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Main TEN RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Main TEN RB?

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:47 am

Chris Brown will most likely be the starter coming out of training camp. If he didn't get hurt every other play he would be able to produce some solid numbers in that offense.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:39 am

maddog60 wrote:Mooch,

Brown/White/Henry play for Tennesee, not the Houston Texans. :-B

I'm sure you know this, but it's just wierd, to see you refer to them by team name and city, and not catch it.

And as if I don't know that! Doh! I don't know what I was thinking. Of course I meant the Tennessee Oilers. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:32 pm

moochman wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Mooch,

Brown/White/Henry play for Tennesee, not the Houston Texans. :-B

I'm sure you know this, but it's just wierd, to see you refer to them by team name and city, and not catch it.

And as if I don't know that! Doh! I don't know what I was thinking. Of course I meant the Tennessee Oilers. :-b

Here, ya need one of these - Image

;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:53 am

if i draft any of these three turds it's likely to be a late flier on Henry, at least he has an unknown factor going for him...we know what we're getting out of LenWhale (appologies to whoever i stole that from here) and Chris "i make Fred Taylor look like the model of health" Brown
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan04 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:34 am

Here's some new info, looks like White's slimming down a bit.

From footballguys.com:

TEN - RB White Down To 240 Pounds

Source: Jim Wyatt, Tennessean

Tennessee Titans 2nd-year RB LenDale White still looks heavy, but he's in a lot better shape than he was a month ago. White said he weighs 240 pounds, a few pounds heavier than what he should carry this fall. He's hit the hole well and looks more confident. Veteran RB Chris Brown's speed will give coaches something to think about, however.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Maybe the Titans signing of Chris Brown was enough to wake White up. It's a great sign to see his weight down which means he's taking the offseason seriously. It's also a possibility that both players end up seeing significant time.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby saints67 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:23 pm

'LenDale White has taken all the reps with the first team at Titans’ camp thus far.'

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL
saints67
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Running backs compete to replace Henry

Associated Press, Updated 15 hours ago STORY TOOLS:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - LenDale White plans to start at running back for the Tennessee Titans. So does Chris Brown, who held the job himself a year ago. Second-round draft pick Chris Henry also sees himself in the position.

Whoever wins the job steps into a favorable situation. The Titans had the NFL's fifth-best rushing offense in 2006. Travis Henry - now in Denver because Tennessee didn't want to pay an $8.3 million bonus - ran for 1,211 yards on 270 carries with only 13 starts.
"This guy has an opportunity to really help us win some games and do some good things for his own career, so it's going to be pressure," running backs coach Sherman Smith said Sunday.

"Whoever gets it the first week, that doesn't guarantee they have it the next week. They can't just say, 'Oh, I've got the job. I can take it easy.' You've got to perform every week, just like Travis, and Chris Brown when he was a starter, and Eddie George."

Replacing Henry, who averaged 4.5 yards and had six 100-yard rushing games in 2006, can be done. George, the team's all-time leading rusher, casts a longer shadow, with coaches remembering how he never missed practices or games.

"Who's the guy you can trust the most? The guy you know is going to do it consistently and do it the right way?" Smith said. "We don't want to separate ability from your commitment to being in shape to doing the right things. It's got to be a combination of all of them."

When White fell to the Titans with the 45th pick in the 2006 draft, Tennessee officials were pleased, thinking they had found a running back like George to team with top pick Vince Young in the backfield.

Young far exceeded expectations, winning offensive rookie of the year and going 8-5 as a starter.

White? The running back who scored a record 57 touchdowns at Southern California didn't start once as a rookie, was deactivated for three games and had 61 carries for 244 yards.

He didn't help himself after Travis Henry's release by needing to lose some extra pounds and missing a couple weeks of minicamps with a sore hamstring. He said people don't know the whole truth.

"The good thing now is everything's healthy. I'm practicing like every down is my last down, you know. I'm just playing football. ... I'm doing everything to show my teammates and my coaches I'm in it for the battle," he said.

White's struggles prompted the Titans to draft Chris Henry out of Arizona with the 50th pick overall.

They gambled on the player seen as a combine phenom for his 4.40-second time in the 40-yard dash. He had only 269 carries for 892 yards in college, but the Titans checked him out thoroughly and believe he was hurt by coaching changes.

The Titans also signed Brown to a one-year contract, bringing him back in June even though he lost the starting job after the fourth game last season.

"I've got a lot to go out and prove to myself and a lot of other people," Brown said.

source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7071994
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:38 pm

It is hard to count on Lendale at all. I am sure they want him to be the guy tho. It's not like Chris Brown has been bad really he just gets hurt so much you can't count on him at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lendale on 1st and 2nd and Brown in a thrid down/situational role
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:40 pm

Sunday, 07/29/07

Puzzle starts to fit

Crowded backfield

The bet here is that White will win the starting job, while Chris Brown serves as the third-down back. Rookie Chris Henry is athletic but still has a ways to go.

White said he weighs 240 pounds, a few pounds heavier than what he should carry this fall. He's hit the hole well and looks more confident. Brown's speed will give coaches something to think about, however.

source: http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... 90394/1027

Friday, 07/27/07

Titans see potential at three key positions
Younger players must step up now

RB LENDALE WHITE
Origin: Second-round draft pick out of USC in 2006.
So far: Appeared in 13 games as a rookie with 61 carries for 244 yards and no TDs.
Expectation: Improve work ethic at practice, stay fit and healthy, and establish himself as the lead running back.
Chow says: "That's the guy you have to really count on. I think he has to mature and grow up and be ready to take 250 carries if he's going to be the guy. That's why everybody is harping on him to get into shape and on and on. It's a tough position to play."

source: http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... 70396/1027

stomperrob

Postby papadakis » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 pm

I love how none of you know anything about Lendale White. You say he went into draft season overweight? He weighed in 15 pounds lighter than what he weighed in the national championship game against Texas (one of his greatest performances).

Lendale will start at Tennessee and be one of the premier backs in the league by seasons end. Believe that.
papadakis
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk