Main TEN RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Main TEN RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Main TEN RB?

Postby Timbathia » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 pm

papadakis wrote:Lendale will start at Tennessee and be one of the premier backs in the league by seasons end. Believe that.

I believe the first half of your sentence. The second half is one of the biggest stretches I have heard in a long time.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:59 am

If the coaching staff had any faith in Tubby McFata** they wouldn't have reached for Henry or brought Crystal Chrissy back.

Does it really matter who starts?

R-B-B-C. :-P

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:38 am

papadakis wrote:I love how none of you know anything about Lendale White. You say he went into draft season overweight? He weighed in 15 pounds lighter than what he weighed in the national championship game against Texas (one of his greatest performances).

Lendale will start at Tennessee and be one of the premier backs in the league by seasons end. Believe that.

And I bet you also have oceanfront property for sale in Arizona too! No thanks, not buying either one. :-t :-t
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:52 am

Chris Brown will be the go-to guy until he suffers a career threatening labia injury...

After that I think you'll see a committee approach with Henry and White with Henry racking up the majority of the yards and White sniping in the red zone...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shader » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:07 pm

Guys, Lendale has the inside track. Brown has been here for years and never really done anything on a consistent basis, so why on earth would anyone expect that he'd get the nod now?

Lendale and Chris Henry are both 2nd round picks and will both be on the field.

I expect Lendale to start and get 25 carries a game for at least the first month or so. The Titans have to see what they have with Lendale, and he never got alot of carries last year.

If you see someone draft Chris Brown with Lendale on the board, snatch Lendale quickly.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mikus » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:21 pm

Shader wrote:Guys, Lendale has the inside track. Brown has been here for years and never really done anything on a consistent basis, so why on earth would anyone expect that he'd get the nod now?

Lendale and Chris Henry are both 2nd round picks and will both be on the field.

I expect Lendale to start and get 25 carries a game for at least the first month or so. The Titans have to see what they have with Lendale, and he never got alot of carries last year.

If you see someone draft Chris Brown with Lendale on the board, snatch Lendale quickly.

25 carries a game??? Hmmmm, not sure about that. :-?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:If the coaching staff had any faith in Tubby McFata** they wouldn't have reached for Henry or brought Crystal Chrissy back.

How much did they pay CBrown though? $1.8mil for 1 year. That's not starter money. That's insurance/backup money.

Titans did the same thing last year - signed Travis Henry for cheap and made him 3rd string.

IMO, it's LenDale's to lose, but with his history it won't take more than a stiff wind to lose it.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:21 pm

I've got a feeling that Tennessee is going to have White starting, however I don't see him getting 25 carries a game. Chow himself pointed out that he's going to rely on the RB1 getting 250 carries, meaning that the RB2 gets something like 100 and RB3 gets 50 or so (TEN ran 469 times last season which includes Young's 83 attempts). That breaks down to an average per game of:

RB1: 15.6 carries/game
RB2: 6.2 carries/game
RB3: 3.1 carries/game
Young: 5 carries/game

Right now, with 250 carries I have LenDale getting around 3.8 YPC, or about 950 yards, along with around 5 TDs. That's not great, but not shabby for a RB4 on my team, especially if his upside is a higher YPC average.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:04 am

I think too many people are jumping to too many conclusions based on too little information as to which back will get what carries. This is a question that likely won't be answered until well into preseason, and even then I doubt the "answer" will be definite enough to be of much use to us.

R-B-B-C. It may be one back getting 20+ one week and one another, but they're all gonna see enough action to make the Titans' backfield a fantasy mess.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:06 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I think too many people are jumping to too many conclusions based on too little information as to which back will get what carries. This is a question that likely won't be answered until well into preseason, and even then I doubt the "answer" will be definite enough to be of much use to us.

R-B-B-C. It may be one back getting 20+ one week and one another, but they're all gonna see enough action to make the Titans' backfield a fantasy mess.

Odd statement. Especially when you then go and make a conclusion yourself regarding what the backfield will do.

:-D

I do agree that it's far too early to know how this is going to play out. What I do know is that during the offseason the Titans brass let two of their RBs go (of course, they did eventually re-sign Brown) in favor of White, and so far White has taken all of the snaps with the first team.

Again, this doesn't mean this will not change, but it also certainly doesn't point to a RBBC at all. Let's keep from jumping to either conclusion just yet.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk