Main TEN RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Main TEN RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Main TEN RB?

Postby Kilroy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:24 am

biju wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:I think too many people are jumping to too many conclusions based on too little information as to which back will get what carries. This is a question that likely won't be answered until well into preseason, and even then I doubt the "answer" will be definite enough to be of much use to us.

R-B-B-C. It may be one back getting 20+ one week and one another, but they're all gonna see enough action to make the Titans' backfield a fantasy mess.

Odd statement. Especially when you then go and make a conclusion yourself regarding what the backfield will do.

:-D

I do agree that it's far too early to know how this is going to play out. What I do know is that during the offseason the Titans brass let two of their RBs go (of course, they did eventually re-sign Brown) in favor of White, and so far White has taken all of the snaps with the first team.

Again, this doesn't mean this will not change, but it also certainly doesn't point to a RBBC at all. Let's keep from jumping to either conclusion just yet.

Yeah, and then they drafted another back on the first day of the draft (reaching to do so) and (as you said) re-signed Crystal Chrissy, so whatever "favor" White had he ate away. As to White taking the snaps with the first team, I wouldn't expect Henry to do so this early in his first camp, and Brown just got (back) there himself.

As to my "conclusion", I didn't say which back will get what (or how many) carries, just that they'll all likely get some touches (enough so to classify that backfield IMO as a RBBC). From where I'm sitting trying to make any more specific guess than that based on what info we have is just that, a guess.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TommyZND » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:47 am

I think coach fisher should resolve this whole issue by giving good old' eddie george a call.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:30 am

Chris Henry - a gunner?

Tuesday, 07/31/07

By PAUL KUHARSKY
Staff Writer

New role: Rookie running back Chris Henry stayed after the morning special teams practice Monday for a lesson from Fisher, Lowry and assistant special teams coach Marty Galbraith.

Henry has never worked as a gunner, but the Titans like the idea of him beating a double press to run down the field in pursuit of a punt returner.

"We are in need of somebody at that position with Calvin (Lowry) probably going to be our starting safety," Lowry said. "As we've watched how strong and fast Henry is, we thought he could do that so we're going to look at him. That was starting from scratch right there with the basics."

Henry said he played defense in high school and looks forward to the possibility of making some hits and tackles. He's also in the mix for the kick return job.

Cortland Finnegan is the other gunner and Michael Waddell has been good at the job in the past.

tennessean.com
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:49 pm

check out this blurb from Fanball

The News

Titans rookie Chris Henry fumbled twice during Tuesday's morning session, including once when he was hit at the goal line. Coach Jeff Fischer told The Tennessean that Henry did not enter the NFL with a reputation for fumbling and didn't seem concerned.
Our View

Fumbling a couple times in camp isn't a huge deal, but it is enough to get coaches' attention. If he were to have slippery fingers during preseason games as well it could limit how much trust the Titans have in Henry and give Chris Brown or LenDale White an edge in getting the starting role. You know that White won't fumble because he will likely eat the ball first.

:-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayday » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:26 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Chris Brown will be the go-to guy until he suffers a career threatening labia injury...

Okay, either nobody else thought that was funny, or it went over their heads. :-b
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:29 pm

jayday wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Chris Brown will be the go-to guy until he suffers a career threatening labia injury...

Okay, either nobody else thought that was funny, or it went over their heads. :-b

It was noted and appreciated. Chrissy has had chronic issues with labia strains, pulls, and contusions. That is in between his frequent bouts with yeast infections.
Good work Plindsey, on exposing Brown's injury. :-*

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk