Little help with 5th pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Little help with 5th pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Little help with 5th pick

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:28 pm

I am in a scoring only league. 6pts rush and rec tds and 4 per passing. I have the 5th pick in the first round, This is how the draft will shake down i think......Faulk...Green....Alexander...Warner...and thats where i step in.....im thinking i want a rb williams..dillon...holmes maybe???? Or do i go garcia....Owens??? Moss??? any help would be appreicated or additional players you may think.
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:03 pm

I would take either a premier back,or a stud QB.Premier backs that would still be left are Holmes,Tomlinson,and A-Train.Stud QB's that will still be left are Cullpepper,Garcia,and Peyton.If you take a RB first round,grab a QB second round and come back and get ur second RB in the 3rd.If you take a QB then take two RB's one after another in 2nd and 3rd rounds.
n_tremain23

Decisions, Decisions

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:40 pm

When going to the draft pool, draft from the shallow end first. RBs are swallowed up the earliest. Try to draft an RB too late and you are splashing around in the mud. QBs aren't in as limited supply but the talent dropoff is still big.

If scoring is the only criteria, a guy like Bettis will outrank many of the RBs listed ahead of him on regular fantasy cheat sheets. Dillon would be a natural 1st round pick in your position. Then I would say you could grab a QB and/or WR, then swing back to RB in time to snag Bettis.

In the later rounds, just look for guys from high power, explosive offenses, especially those with easy schedules.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby kashikis » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:16 am

if its a TD only scoring league than id go one of two ways RB or WR

best TD RBs left are A-train then tomlinson id get atrain because his big and strong and will always be used in their goal line situations

WR are good too id grab owens then moss or harrison

if i were u id take a-train
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Riggo » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:53 am

You'll be surprised who some guys take. I had 7th pick in my draft and I ended up with Ahman Green.

But assuming the following are taken:

M. Faulk
A. Green
S. Alexander
K. Warner

I want to tell you RB here because you can't win without two solid RB in your lineup but at this point you are at good RB's not great. So I think you have to good with a great QB in Jeff Garcia. I am not a believer in Priest Holmes. Corey Dillon or Curtis Martin would be justified here but like I said they are good not great RB's. And Curtis just signed an extensionand you know what happens when players are given the money. POOR PERFORMANCE!!

My vote is JEFF GARCIA! ;-D
Riggo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk