WR Rankings W/Projections - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR Rankings W/Projections

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Rankings W/Projections

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:26 pm

Here's my preliminary WR rankings (Regular scoring, no PPR).

A couple notes:

* Walker is a bit high, I accidentally left in a bunch of rushing yards he shouldn't have
** Clayton is a bit low, for some reason I left him with negative rush yards :-?

- While Evans is high, I wouldn't necessarily take him over the guys a couple spots below him. Evans is consistently inconsistent ( :-b ) and generally racks up most of his points in a short game span.

- I have Burress pretty high. I expect the Giants to throw a lot and Eli is gonna likely heave a bunch of bombs down the field in hopes Burress catches them. He's a bit risky with the ankle injury though.

- With a new HC in Zona I'm downgrading everybody involved in the passing game a bit

- I'm high on Chambers this year. I think he could be a steal cause he's a talented WR and has a solid veteran throwing him the ball now (no more Harrington/Lemon tandem %-6 )

- I have Brown at WR21 but I'm just not buying the hype. He only average about 3 catches a game with McNabb. He did do better without Stallworth but Curtis is a similar player to Stallworth so I don't see much change.

- I'm betting that all WRs on the Jets had career or career-type years last year and won't repeat

- I really don't like Vincent Jackson and I'm even reluctant to have him at WR35. He's never played #1 WR, has no supporting WRs and has not really proven himself before.

- Jones is that high assuming he actually is still on the team by the time the season starts

- Moose/Kennison may both be a bit high but I'm banking on solid (albeit very unspectacular) production from them.

A couple guys that would significantly improve in PPR: Andre, Coles, Boldin, Cotch
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Rankings W/Projections

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:40 pm

- I have Brown at WR21 but I'm just not buying the hype. He only average about 3 catches a game with McNabb. He did do better without Stallworth but Curtis is a similar player to Stallworth so I don't see much change.

Curtis is nowhere near as much of a gamebreaker as Stallworth. Stallworth was McNabb's go to guy when healthy and a dynamic playmaker. Curtis has good speed, but he's no Stallworth. I expect Reggie Brown to be a solid WR2, cracking 1000 and around 8 scores, that is if McNabb stays healthy.

To me, Housh is in tier 3. I'd take him over any of those listed in that tier. I totally agree with tiers 1 and 2. I'm really hoping to grab Reggie Wayne this year especially.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:57 pm

are you sure those point totals are accurate?

You've got Chris Chambers scoring the same amount of TDs, about 100 less total yards, and 1 more reception than Braylon Edwards, but his point total is higher. Similarly, Mark Clayton's individual stats exceed or meet Reggie Brown's in all categories, but he's ranked lower?!?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:04 pm

I would have TJ Housmanzada in the tier higher.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby extremerob » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:22 pm

I think Housh goes at the top of Tier 3 or bottom of Tier 2....Randy Moss and Fitzgerald should be at the top of Tier 3.
extremerob
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:42 pm

Any discrepancies in points is because of rushing yards (which I didn't include). I use PD for projections and I have to enter mine over the 2006 ones. I guess I forgot to change rushing totals from last year. That's why Chambers or Walker who had about 100 or Clayton who had -30 seem off.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TommyZND » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:28 am

I don't think Walker was rated high by any means. He had 9 TD's last year, and that was his first year on the Bronco's. I think he should at least improve this by at least 2-3 TD's. Cutler should figure things out and i thin Javon will be one of the NFL's best this year.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:58 am

Thats pretty low for Fitz and Boldin IMO
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ateam » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Not a bad list, IMHO, obviously everyone will have some discreptancies.

I'm having a big problem in my mocks when I get to 18-25 or so w/ my WRs. It's strange, but I think it's a bit of a cliff when you get to that point, and then it gets very gradual once again.

This is probably where utilizing ADP would come in handy come draft day, I suppose.
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan04 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:Thats pretty low for Fitz and Boldin IMO

Yea I've seen them both ranked higher. Burress is a little high for my liking as well. Solid list though.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk