RB rankings for first keeper league, need help with tweaking - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB rankings for first keeper league, need help with tweaking

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB rankings for first keeper league, need help with tweaking

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:18 am

our league is a keeper/auction, every year you keep a player his price is raised from the previous year and you can only keep a player for a maximum of 3 years. i am having trouble ranking the older players like Rudi,SA and where do the younger RBs like Maroney go? the end of the list is muddled a bit i was just throwing some names out there. last thing if there are any RBs that are not on my list please add them

LaDainian Tomlinson
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Larry Johnson
Brian Westbrook
Joseph Addai
Reggie Bush
Shaun Alexander
Laurence Maroney
Rudi Johnson
Travis Henry
Ronnie Brown
Willis McGahee
Maurice Jones-Drew
Clinton Portis
Cedric Benson
Brandon Jacobs
Edgerrin James
Thomas Jones
Jerious Norwood
Carnell Williams
Marion Barber
DeAngelo Williams
Marshawn Lynch
Deuce McAllister
Adrian Peterson
Jamal Lewis
Ahman Green
Chester Taylor
Tatum Bell
Brandon Jackson
Julius Jones
Chester Taylor
Michael Turner
Kevin Jones
Fred Taylor
Warrick Dunn
LaMont Jordan
DeShaun Foster
Ladell Betts
Vernand Morency
Michael Bush
Garrett Wolfe
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RB rankings for first keeper league, need help with tweaking

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:35 am

It'd be nice to know specific keeper rules but generally rankings don't change much in a keeper. Bush and Wolfe shouldn't even be on your list.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:51 am

bobbing_headz wrote:It'd be nice to know specific keeper rules but generally rankings don't change much in a keeper. Bush and Wolfe shouldn't even be on your list.

haha yeah i know, those were the two i meant when i said i was throwing some names around. i just wanted to read up on their situations a bit more and not forget their names so i put them on the list very late. i wouldnt draft them esp not in 10 team league. and in all honesty i dont really know the keeper rules yet so its probably not the best time to be asking for help. from what i can understand the league is like this:
- every team gets $300 and its a 16 man roster
- positions are 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, 6 BN and as you can see RB are going to be very important so i want to make sure to get this list down
- theres no min in the amount of players you want to keep (yet) and every year players price goes up $10 if you want to keep him
- you can keep a player for a maximum of 3 years

the only things that are up in the air is how much money each team is given which most likely will be $300, the amount of players that you can keep may be capped at 3 per team and the price to keep a player may go down to $5 a year instead of $10. hope that clears some stuff up
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:30 am

I'd still approach it much like a regular draft. Your bench isn't really deep enough to focus on grabbing young players cause you'll get annihilated if you do. You're right to focus on RBs but grabbing young guys like Wolfe or Bush isn't necessarily a good thing as they aren't gonna do jack for you this year and it'd be a waste of a bench spot. I'd still try and grab at least one high upside young guy like Jackson, maybe even Williams or Lynch if you can get them. Still it's not as important as just generally drafting a good team.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Knicks4ever » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:30 am

bobbing_headz wrote:I'd still approach it much like a regular draft. Your bench isn't really deep enough to focus on grabbing young players cause you'll get annihilated if you do. You're right to focus on RBs but grabbing young guys like Wolfe or Bush isn't necessarily a good thing as they aren't gonna do jack for you this year and it'd be a waste of a bench spot. I'd still try and grab at least one high upside young guy like Jackson, maybe even Williams or Lynch if you can get them. Still it's not as important as just generally drafting a good team.

Yeah I agree, since the cost of a keeper raises each year you dont need to worry about age as much as you wont be able to keep players at a good value for a long time. I agree with the stragity of taking high upside young guys like Jackson, Norwood, Turner, ect as these are the type of players who could be very good value keepers next year.
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby PMoneyTKE » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:56 am

Switch this to a dynasty with a larger bench and you're rankings aren't too bad...I definitely agree with the others though
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk