chicago running game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

chicago running game

Moderator: Football Moderators

chicago running game

Postby revomojo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:55 pm

so, what do you guys think. good line, kinda tough rushing schedule. how will things shape up. also, if benson goes down (likely?) will adrian peterson step in and take over. i have been impressed with him in the past. they have another guy, garrett wolfe and even deven hester. what is the word on these two? how do you see things shaping up when benson goes down?
revomojo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: chicago running game

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:17 pm

Don't count on Devin Hester to be a player who will rush the ball more than 20 times in a season, I imagine he will be used for end-arounds and what not if at all in the rushing game.

Chances are if Benson struggles or goes down they will give the Majority to Peterson, and try and keep Benson active in the attack. But if Benson goes down or struggles and Chicago isn't winning, I would expect them to give Garrett Wolfe a shot, maybe either way.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:30 pm

The Bears' coaching staff and front office are really, really hoping that Benson has a break out year. Many of us in Chicago think Benson should have been the one traded and we should have kept Jones. Benson was a rookie holdout who keeps getting hurt. Jones has proven he can play. Guess someone high up the ladder is pushing Benson.

From a FF standpoint, that means that if Benson stays healthy, he could have a huge year. The Bears are a run first team that wins plenty of games and plays in a weak division and if Benson moves the ball the way he did in college, he could easily be a top ten [top 5?] RB. I think the FF polls are underrating him, maybe due to his injury history. He was a work horse in college and I hope he stops acting like a prima donna and starts playing some football. He should watch some videos of Walter Payton and strive to emulate the best RB there ever was. I have the '85 season taped and I still am in awe of the moves Walter had way back then. His ability and work ethic put most of these new generation RBs to shame. As a Bears homer, even though I don't like the guy, I hope Benson does have that break out year. Heck, I may even draft him this year if he falls far enough.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:55 am

as long as Benson is healthy and even marginally productive i think he'll see 80-90% of the carries with Peterson filling and and Wolfe seeing a few
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ChiSoxFan95 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:43 pm

I'm from Chicago and I thought I heard it was RBBC between Benson and Peterson

Plan B is Peterson and Wolfe. Don't know for sure tho.
ChiSoxFan95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:20 am

Chicago's offensive line are better pass blockers than run blockers, and Benson's schedule is pretty tough. Additionally, he'll go to the bench on 3rd downs in favor of Peterson and/or Wolfe. But he should see the majority of the carries including goal-line, so 1,300 rushing and 10 TD's is very feasible if he stays healthy.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatFoot » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 am

ChiSoxFan95 wrote:I'm from Chicago and I thought I heard it was RBBC between Benson and Peterson

Plan B is Peterson and Wolfe. Don't know for sure tho.

I'm from Chicago and heard nothing of the sort.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moose_ffc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:11 am

I say Peterson gets the carries and Wolfe is the change of pace.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby tanner9919 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:00 am

Peterson will lead the Bears in rushing in 2007. Benson is a first-class bust..just my opinion, but I haven't seen anything special from Benson, yet..
tanner9919
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby FatFoot » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:55 am

They were pretty much RBBC last year, and you still saw Benson demonstrate some skill, if you were watching. The thing to worry about is whether he's going to be fragile, all of the sudden. Otherwise, unless there are some freakish Hester-like speed and moves things going on with Wolfe, I suspect you'll see a very standard "Benson starter" and "Peterson backup."

I'm a fan of Peterson's... he's never let anyone down. But Benson SHOULD be everything you could ask for in a RB.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk