the 1st round bust - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

the 1st round bust

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: the 1st round bust

Postby tommysix » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:29 am

I believe the person who said LT was joking. But to answer the original question, draftsharks.com picked Brian Westbrook as their first round bust this year. They talked about how they drafted RB Tony Hunt and how hes going to be the new Duce Staley. They also talked about how Westbrook is coming off a career year and how he's taken a beating.
tommysix
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby m16a » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:31 am

I say Maroney and Addai are this years first round busts IMO. Maroney is a decent back, but people are over hyping him. He's a westy type in that he's a decent fantasy back but a better rl back. Addai, I have never liked. He had one good game and suddenly he's being drafted first round. Personally I think he is a fluke and won't last long as this "amazing" first round pick.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:06 am

I really dont see how those guys could not produce if they stay healthy and on the field. New England and Indy are going to put up points and have to run the ball. I agree these guys are not special on another team, but as we all know...special situations can make the biggest chump fantasy gold.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:59 am

BigMusky wrote:I really dont see how those guys could not produce if they stay healthy and on the field. New England and Indy are going to put up points and have to run the ball. I agree these guys are not special on another team, but as we all know...special situations can make the biggest chump fantasy gold.

I agree. If you say that you just think these guys will get hurt, that is one thing. But other than that, they are both in great offenses that will use them alot. Rhodes and Addai combined for around 2,200yds of total offense, scored 13 times and caught over 75 balls. I'm not a guy who sits here and says those will all be Addais #'s but I don't think it would be stretch to say he could account for 1,500-1,600 total yards, catch 45-50 balls and score atleast 10 times. Same thing with Maroney with a few less catches.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Stelly » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:52 pm

tommysix wrote:I believe the person who said LT was joking. But to answer the original question, draftsharks.com picked Brian Westbrook as their first round bust this year. They talked about how they drafted RB Tony Hunt and how hes going to be the new Duce Staley. They also talked about how Westbrook is coming off a career year and how he's taken a beating.

Thanks for posting what draftsharks.com had said! I was wondering who their guy was this year.

I think Westbrook is a good choice as a first round bust. I don't see him getting as many carries as he did last year (he ran alot more than normal with Garcia @ QB), and he's never put up numbers like he did last year. I think it was a career year for him, and I would be very scared taking him in the First Round this year.

All this also ignores he is questionable pretty much every week. 8-o
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:25 pm

m16a wrote:I say Maroney and Addai are this years first round busts IMO. Maroney is a decent back, but people are over hyping him. He's a westy type in that he's a decent fantasy back but a better rl back. Addai, I have never liked. He had one good game and suddenly he's being drafted first round. Personally I think he is a fluke and won't last long as this "amazing" first round pick.

You're right, last year was a fluke, Addai is gonna stink it up... he isn't running behind one of the best o-lines in the league (even without tarik glenn), he isn't in one of the most if not the most high-powered offenses in the NFL, he doesn't have one of the game's most prolific passing offenses to keep defenses from stacking the box...you're right, horrible first round pick...

;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7 ;-7
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk