Adrian Peterson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Adrian Peterson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adrian Peterson

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:33 pm

He's signed. 5 year deal signaling the beginning of his Hall of Fame career. ;-D

Vikings agree to five-year deal with top pick Peterson
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Tailback Adrian Peterson ended his two-day absence from the Minnesota Vikings' training camp on Sunday afternoon, reaching agreement on a five-year contract with a maximum value of $40.5 million and including $17 million in guarantees.

Expected to share the load in the Minnesota backfield, where he will split time with veteran Chester Taylor, who rushed for 1,214 yards in 2006, Peterson was the seventh overall player selected in the draft. While there were some concerns about his durability, and specifically about a fractured left collarbone that sidelined him for seven games last season, the Vikings felt he was too good to pass on.

Minnesota did extensive background work on Peterson's collarbone injury and determined that he would be able to rehabilitate without surgery, which turned out to be the case. The gamble on Peterson, one of the most celebrated high school backs in the past decade when he decided to enroll at Oklahoma, could pay off handsomely for coach Brad Childress.

With a first-year starter at quarterback, in Tarvaris Jackson, the Vikings are likely to rely heavily on the run in 2007, and the combination of Taylor and Peterson should provide them a very solid tandem.

Peterson, 22, carried 747 times for 4,045 yards and 41 touchdowns for the Sooners, and had 24 catches for 198 yards and one score. He rushed for 1,000 or more yards in each of his three college seasons, but his best performance came as a freshman in 2004, when he had 1,925 yards despite starting only eight games.

Blessed with a thick upper body, Peterson possesses a rare combination of size (6-feet-1½, 217 pounds), speed and strength. He was clocked at a blistering 4.40 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine, and showed superb athleticism with a 38½-inch vertical jump and a long jump of 10-feet, 3-inches.

Most of the concerns about Peterson revolve around his upright running style, which means he absorbs a lot of hits, and could be susceptible to injury.

In 2004, he suffered a left shoulder injury that subsequently required surgery the following spring. He had right thigh and ankle injuries which slowed him in 2005, then the fractured collarbone last season.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com

Plans for the Superbowl parade have yet to be announced.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson

Postby treat24 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:40 am

I just came... :-b :-? O:-)

great news!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:37 pm

Yep and the fact that Vick will not be with the Falcons, I'm upping my prediction from 3 to 4 or 5 wins. ;-D :~(
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:27 pm

Fanball's update of ADP's ankle:

The News
Rookie Adrian Peterson limped off the practice field on Thursday with a left ankle injury, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. He was taken to a medical trailer but eventually returned to the sideline, still favoring the ankle.

Our View
We'll keep fantasy owners updated on Peterson's status as further information is released. He battled a high right ankle sprain during college, but does not have a history of problems with his left ankle. AD had been taking the starter's reps while Chester Taylor recovers from a minor arm injury he suffered earlier this week.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:46 pm

if he went to the trailor and came back i'm cool

practice was only 2 hours this morning, so that means he left and came back pretty darm quick...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:18 pm

Hip Injury, not ankle. Another report from Fanball.

Rookie Adrian Peterson downplayed the injury that caused him to hobble off the practice field on Thursday. He told reporters that the injury "is not a big deal at all," according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I'm obviously going to take the advice of the medical crew. They've got a good crew so I'm going to let them make decisions like that." Peterson actually suffered a hip pointer injury, not an ankle injury as was initially reported.

Our View
Team officials have yet to determine whether Peterson will take part in two joint practices with the Chiefs this weekend. However, it doesn't sound like the injury is anything to worry about. We'll keep fantasy owners updated either way.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:01 pm

I just copped his jersey....I'm gonna wear it on Friday for the first time...I'm kinda ghetto so I gotta bring a TV to work so I can watch the game cause I work too late.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Not a bad debut. :-) With Taylor out he really gets a chance to strut his stuff. Hope his workload isn't too big, but he is fun to watch. ;-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:04 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Not a bad debut. :-) With Taylor out he really gets a chance to strut his stuff. Hope his workload isn't too big, but he is fun to watch. ;-D

fun to watch is for sure
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:33 pm

Rookie Of The Month for September. I have a feeling that will be the least prestigious award on his mantle by the end of his career.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Minnesota Vikings