Tom Brady set for career year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Brady set for career year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tom Brady set for career year?

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:00 pm

Tom Brady now has the receiving corp he never had. His team is among the favorites to make it to the Super Bowl. Randy Moss has something to prove after his fiasco in Oakland. Wes Welker is a great possession receiver and will be open as much as a 24 hour Quickie Mart.

So why is Brady still ranked below Carson Palmer and even Marc Bulger? I think that any QB who can turn out great numbers with a bunch of no name receivers like Givens has to be able to do even better with Moss, Welker and whoever wins the #2 receiver spot.

Thoughts?
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tom Brady set for career year?

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:29 pm

1) Moss will tear the team apart from the inside.
2) Stallworth has never played a full season and he's always hurt with the same hammy every year.

I'm just a bitter Jets fan checking the news everyday to see "Brady and Moss get into argument"
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Axl's Army » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:18 pm

Yes he will have a career year imho.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:04 pm

I will be both surprised and impressed if the Pats can get Randy to play their kind of ball. He plays when he wants and is pretty much a vertical sidelines and curls guy it seems. Also it seems as if he has lost some speed/athleticism. Donte Stallworth is like that kind of too. We Welker will work great for them in the slot, but I am definitely not sold on the Pats being a great passing team. Plus "cat eyes" Caldwell is still there. You know who they should get? Deion Branch, he would fit in their system great!
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:17 pm

Because Randy Moss + Donte Stallworth is not > Chad Johnson + TJ Houshmanzadeh....

Plus Carson has less question marks in the running game with old reliable Rudi Johnson toting the rock.

Brady might be set for a good year, but i'll take Carson over Tom any day of the week...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RJ24VC15 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Brady might have a career year, but Palmer has much better WR's and is on a offense first team.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Brady over Palmer, no. Brady over Bulger...Maybe...but look at what receivers Bulger has...they are strong through and through.

Holt, Bruce, Bennett (what a number 3 receiver!), Randy McMicheal, Steven Jackson (and possibly Dante Hall in 4 WR sets)

No matter who Bulger throws to this year its going to be a good player, he cant go wrong! So why isnt this thread about Bulger having a Career year? After all there is no more fuss about his contract :-°
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby fantasizing » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Because R. Moss is a quitter. If he does not get looks early and often he literally
quits, jogs down the sideline. Even TO doesn't do that, he gets mad and plays even harder.

Brady will have a career year if Moss shows up and accepts his role on his new team.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TommyZND » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:28 pm

I am not a fan of the patriots by any means but there is no way that randy moss will eat them apart. They have his locker right next to god's gift to superbowls, tom brady, and they will long cut him before randy does what he did to the vikings.

As for Brady's number, i expect them to be higher from last year, but he won't surpass manning, or palmer in any stat category other then play off wins.
MY TEAMS:
NCAA- Fighting Irish
NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NBA- Knicks
TommyZND
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk