Timetable for WHIR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Timetable for WHIR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Timetable for WHIR?

Postby mthomas720 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:38 pm

If you put "WHIR" in your subject line when you post a topic, and someone posts a reply and asks for help on theirs, how long do you have to respond to them without being considered rude? 2 days? A week? I'm just trying to figure this out because I am waiting for responses on a question of mine, and I don't know if I should send a PM to those who haven't responded, even though they put "WHIR" in the subject. I don't know if I'm explaining this question well, but I hope you get the idea.
Props to sigmaker for the sig

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi
mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Timetable for WHIR?

Postby Atog » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:56 pm

Eh, pay it forward. It's a tad rude if they don't get back to you after a while, but if you add links to your posts it usually helps out a lot.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mthomas720 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:34 am

I always put a link in, but I'm just wondering if there's anything to do if I put a link and I still don't get a response. Its not a huge deal, it just annoys me if someone puts WHIR and doesn't do so. This is the first time I've ever had trouble with it, up to now everyone who has put WHIR in their subject has gotten back to me within a day or so. Is there anything to do besides just answering more questions to try and get more responses?

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi
mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:37 am

not much more, but there's no requirement for WHIR and some people just put it there to get more responses, which kind of defeats its purpose anyways. I'd just suggest helping out other while leaving your link and that's the best way to go about it. Don't get caught up with other people if they put WHIR and didn't respond, just put them on your blacklist and don't help them out again ;)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:03 am

It's summertime so sometimes people disappear for a few days at a time. And sometimes the person may not feel qualified to help in return if they are of limited experience and your post is beyond the scope of their knowledge (say for example you ask something to do with a dynasty league which they have absolutley no experience with).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:45 am

Usually if they are going to help it will be almost right away. Its definitely rude not to help someone out who took the time to help you but I wouldn't bother PMing them because if they're that rude you probably don't want their advice anyway IMO...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RJ24VC15 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Honestly, half the people that put that have no intention of helping anyone else. Mainly new members.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Yeah, if they don't respond, it usually isn't them being mean...either they forgot, busy, or just weren't able, and you can't fault them for any of those, just be happy that you tried to help someone else ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Crippler » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:48 pm

If you lend someone $1 and they never pay you back, you don't complain about the dollar, you just never loan them money again. Its not worth making a fuss over such a tiny little thing.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mthomas720 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Crippler wrote:If you lend someone $1 and they never pay you back, you don't complain about the dollar, you just never loan them money again. Its not worth making a fuss over such a tiny little thing.

Good analogy. Your right, its really not a big deal, its just a bit of an annoyance.

mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk