Driver on PUP List! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Driver on PUP List!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Driver on PUP List!

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:04 pm

Decleater wrote:Well, I for one have to. There's obviously something really wrong with that shoulder and I'm not gonna hang my season on it and I don't think the Packers will either. He's going to end up having surgery and will be sidelined for quite a while imho.

If you're hanging your season on Driver at all (even healthy) then you have bigger problems to worry about...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Decleater » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:33 pm

Come on, you know what I'm saying. But Driver is going to be drafted by many to be their WR1 or WR2 in drafts. If you waste a pick at that spot, you're doomed!
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Decleater wrote:Come on, you know what I'm saying. But Driver is going to be drafted by many to be their WR1 or WR2 in drafts. If you waste a pick at that spot, you're doomed!

I get what you're saying, but I guess what i'm saying is that I wasn't really that high on him to begin with...I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable with him as my WR1 and it shouldn't really spell doom to your team that your WR2 might miss some time :-?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:03 pm

So who's next at WR? Ruvell Martin? James Jones?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:30 pm

Ferguson :-/

PMoneyTKE wrote:
Decleater wrote:Come on, you know what I'm saying. But Driver is going to be drafted by many to be their WR1 or WR2 in drafts. If you waste a pick at that spot, you're doomed!

I get what you're saying, but I guess what i'm saying is that I wasn't really that high on him to begin with...I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable with him as my WR1 and it shouldn't really spell doom to your team that your WR2 might miss some time :-?

Why weren't you high on him. He's been nothing but consistent with Favre at the helm and practically the only legit target since he throws his way almost 3 times more than the other guys. If Driver is out it's very significant to the Packers offense, but if healthy which anyone would have drafted him prior to this news, I would have felt comfortable with him as a #1 if I picked 3 RBs or even 2 RBs and a QB.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:47 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Ferguson :-/

PMoneyTKE wrote:

Why weren't you high on him. He's been nothing but consistent with Favre at the helm and practically the only legit target since he throws his way almost 3 times more than the other guys. If Driver is out it's very significant to the Packers offense, but if healthy which anyone would have drafted him prior to this news, I would have felt comfortable with him as a #1 if I picked 3 RBs or even 2 RBs and a QB.

I would feel better with him as my WR1 with if I had that kind of RB depth(/extra trade bait) or a top tier QB, but I guess i'm more of a RB,RB,WR guy than a RB,RB,RB and/or RB,RB,QB...if that makes any sense :-o
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 pm

I won't worry until the Packers start talking surgery. Driver misses pre-season? Fine by me. The guy has been around long enough, he knows the speed of the game, he knows what getting hit will feel like, he's not going to lack preparedness. And he's one of the most consistent WRs you will find. This is clearly a concern, but its way to early to panic about Driver and claim picking him will spell doom for your team.

Additionally, I for one do believe the Packers would rest their season on his shoulders even if he's not fully healthy. Mind you this is the same Packers organization that should've moved on from the Brett Favre era 3 years ago and found a new franchise QB to build around, but instead they're still praying Favre can catch lightning yet again. If Driver's on the field, he's going to get the lion's share of Favre's throws.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk