Pacman's new line of work??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pacman's new line of work???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pacman's new line of work???

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Oh well, has to put food on the table somehow I guess!

Monday, 07/30/07

Wrestling program contacts Pacman
Suspended Titans probably won't enter ring, though

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Pacman Jones might be suspended from the NFL, but no one said anything about pro wrestling.

Seriously.

The latest twist in the soap opera involving Jones looks like it will include the controversial Titans cornerback being involved in professional wrestling. Doing flips off the ropes to pin an opponent or even taking part in the action probably won't be a part of his role, however, his attorney said Sunday night.

Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said his client has been approached by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling "to participate in their line of entertainment.''

But Robinson said Jones "won't be wrestling'' and he won't be playing the part of a villain as some might expect.

"Pacman is talking with TNA at this time and we expect an announcement to be made in the next several days,'' Robinson said. "It is not anticipated that he'll be wrestling, but discussions are taking place for him to have some role in their profession. But details have not be finalized.''

Jones was suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on April 10 for an accumulation of off-field incidents, and his request to take part in the team's training camp was denied last week.

Robinson said Jones has had a number of discussions with TNA, but described any involvement Jones would have as "a short-term thing.''

Former Titans tight end Frank Wycheck took part in a TNA event in June, when he was joined by Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch.

"Pacman remains dedicated to returning to the Titans and any other interests are just that, interests,'' Robinson said.

source: http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... 00371/1027
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pacman's new line of work???

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:13 pm

TNA has that weird shaped ring right? on that channel on my tv that doesn't come in?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Munboy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:43 pm

oops nvm
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:27 pm

aaawall91 wrote:TNA has that weird shaped ring right? on that channel on my tv that doesn't come in?

Yes, they do have a weird shaped ring. It's also on cable not broadcast so I don't know why it wouldn't come in unless you got some free shotty cable access or something.

BTW: He actually wont be wrestling, he will be doing other stuff.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AsianChexMix » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:39 am

I got this from the AP off a TNA Wrestling news website:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Adam "Pacman" Jones won't be wrestling for TNA Entertainment during his season-long suspension from the NFL.

But the Tennessee Titans cornerback may participate with TNA Wrestling in other ways, according to his agent.

The contract hasn't been signed yet, and TNA declined to comment Tuesday except to say an announcement is expected by the end of the week.

Agent Michael Huyghue said he is mindful that Jones' NFL contract prohibits non-football activities that could cause injury. He said they have talked with the Titans about Jones' plans with TNA.

"I think the club wants to see him do something, obviously, while we've got this time off before we report back," Huyghue said. "His intent is only to make appearances and do things and not get into any kind of physical activity that's going to jeopardize his health.

"He's looking for a number of things obviously to occupy his time."

Jones' attorney Worrick Robinson said TNA first approached Jones weeks ago and talks resumed in the past few days.

"Anyone who has seen wrestling knows there are other opportunities to be involved," Robinson said.

Huyghue said Jones' first appearance with TNA could come the weekend his teammates start their preseason schedule. The Titans' first exhibition game is against Washington on Aug. 11.

Jones was suspended for the 2007 season in April for conduct detrimental to the NFL, and he can have his case reviewed after the Titans' 10th game, which is Nov. 19 at Denver.

He has been arrested six times since being drafted by the Titans in April 2005, including June 22 when he turned himself in on two felony counts of coercion in a Las Vegas strip club fight that left a man paralyzed.

Last week, the league denied Jones' bid to attend training camp.

When he was suspended, Jones was given several requirements to meet, including devising a community service program that must be approved by the NFL. The league declined to comment Tuesday on whether Jones has come up with such a plan or if it had been approved.

His agent is checking with the registrar at West Virginia University to see if Jones can take courses toward his degree online because he plans to stay in the Jacksonville, Fla., area and work out during his suspension.

Jones won't start losing his $1.3 million salary until the first game checks are issued in September.

"The fine was a significant penalty, unprecedented in the league," Huyghue said. "I'm sure he's mindful of the fact that's a significant amount of money.

He won't be wrestling but he will be a part of TNA. I personally love this because I like TNA over WWE but thats because I'm a wrestling nut.
AsianChexMix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:54 pm

I used to like Sting...hes still in TNA right? :-o
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:16 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I used to like Sting...hes still in TNA right? :-o

Yes and he was my favorite, I still have his action figures and posters and stuff. I was even him for Halloween one year. Sting rules.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AsianChexMix » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:40 pm

I'm hoping for two things...one TNA gets the fantasy wrestling that WWE has (yeah, you heard me right...FANTASY WRESTLING...if wrestling couldn't get any more "fake") OR Pacman Jones goes to WWE. It would be quite neat having Pacman Jones on the fantasy wrestling team...heh. Just a thought.
AsianChexMix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk