League Manager Sites - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Manager Sites

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Manager Sites

Postby slmpickens » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:59 pm

i'm trying to find a league manager site to fit the league i'm running. what's unique about my league is that i want the fantasy regular season to run for 17 weeks, and then our fantasy playoffs will be based on the NFL playoffs (we'll have a playoff draft). i'm having trouble finding a website that offers a manager program that has this capability. most offer a 17 week regular season, but i haven't found one that will run playoffs along with the NFL playoffs.

does anyone know where i could find one that does????
slmpickens
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Manager Sites

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:30 pm

slmpickens wrote:i'm trying to find a league manager site to fit the league i'm running. what's unique about my league is that i want the fantasy regular season to run for 17 weeks, and then our fantasy playoffs will be based on the NFL playoffs (we'll have a playoff draft). i'm having trouble finding a website that offers a manager program that has this capability. most offer a 17 week regular season, but i haven't found one that will run playoffs along with the NFL playoffs.

does anyone know where i could find one that does????

Forgive me, but, why?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby slmpickens » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:34 am

because a 17 week fantasy season is better than a 14 week season.

fantasy owners who make the playoffs (probably 4 teams) will be able to keep a handful of players from their current roster, and then have a playoff min-draft to fill the rest of their playoff roster. points will cumulate through the entire NFL playoffs, with the owner with the most points declared the champion.

this way, we don't have a champion being decided in week 17 when so many real players are sitting out games, and every playoff game, including the super bowl, has fantasy implications.

it also adds the complication of not only picking the best fantasy players, but picking players on teams that will go deep into the playoffs.

so does anyone know of a site that could handle this??
slmpickens

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:10 am

slmpickens wrote:because a 17 week fantasy season is better than a 14 week season.

fantasy owners who make the playoffs (probably 4 teams) will be able to keep a handful of players from their current roster, and then have a playoff min-draft to fill the rest of their playoff roster. points will cumulate through the entire NFL playoffs, with the owner with the most points declared the champion.

this way, we don't have a champion being decided in week 17 when so many real players are sitting out games, and every playoff game, including the super bowl, has fantasy implications.

it also adds the complication of not only picking the best fantasy players, but picking players on teams that will go deep into the playoffs.

so does anyone know of a site that could handle this??

OK, first of all, a championship game shouldn't be played on week 17.

Second, so the guy with a great team, but his players don't make it to the post season gets screwed. How fair is that?

Third, the Super Bowl with fantasy implications, how many Bears would have been drafted or made a difference.

What many leagues tend to do, is run the normal fantasy schedule with playoffs, crown a champion, but then have a mini draft for the playoffs with all owners, where you pick a limited number of players. Because there are only at most 4 games per weekend, the scores and points can be done by hand.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby ChyBoy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:25 pm

I agree with dream on this one, but I think I remember myfantasyleague.com offering a free playoff package after the regular season. You might email them and find out, but of course the site is a pay site so that might not be what you are looking for. Good luck.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slmpickens » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:36 pm

dream_017 wrote:OK, first of all, a championship game shouldn't be played on week 17.

Second, so the guy with a great team, but his players don't make it to the post season gets screwed. How fair is that?

Third, the Super Bowl with fantasy implications, how many Bears would have been drafted or made a difference.

What many leagues tend to do, is run the normal fantasy schedule with playoffs, crown a champion, but then have a mini draft for the playoffs with all owners, where you pick a limited number of players. Because there are only at most 4 games per weekend, the scores and points can be done by hand.

owners need to account for their players making the playoffs when the draft them. this makes a tom brady more valuable than under traditional rules, for example. so if your best players don't make the playoffs, maybe you should have drafted differently. but regardless, there's a new draft after the regular season where the first place finisher drafts first (i forgot to mention that), so there's a definite advantage to winning the regular season.
as for drafting bears, again, picking players who will be around is an added difficulty to the league. drafting players from the lower ranked NFL teams is a risk that could really pay off if their team ends up playing 4 playoff games (the '05 steelers).
to me, the set up is a nice way of adding additional complexity in having to predict overall team performance. if you don't like, that's fine. although i do like the suggestion of crowning a champion in the regular season and then having a second in the playoffs.
and i would agree that running the points by hand is the way to go - it doesn't seem all that difficult.
slmpickens

Return to Commissioner's Corner