"I'll say it..." (underrated players) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"I'll say it..." (underrated players)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: "I'll say it..." (underrated players)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:56 pm

knapplc wrote:
FatFoot wrote:
Yeah... because you know right now that he's wrong........... uh-huh. You've both got a 50% shot at being right. From now to January there are roughly one million different factors that will go in to who is the better QB between Grossman and Romo, and about 990,000 of them have next to nothing to do with either guy. They could get hurt in a freak accident, they could get food poisoning and have a horrible game, any one of the dozens of key players around either guy could get hurt or impaired, family issues could come up, hurricanes could destroy Texas Stadium.... the list goes on and on and on. Not all of the factors that go into making a QB good are readily apparent by watching them play.

So to say "this is one of those quotes that you bring back up on the forum in January" is one thing, and a lighthearted joke and everyone's cool with it now and we all get a good laugh, but if you actually do bring it back up in January (assuming things fall through the Plinko machine your way), that'll be pretty unimpressive.

Just a little free advice. ;-)

We'll...I didn't say anything about either being the better QB...

I said I would rather have Grossman than Romo...that means, all things considered..more likely to have massive natural disaster, spontaneous combustions, ect, as well as the football aspects of it I would want Grossman over Romo.

So I would be deserving of a little more credit than you portray if I'm right...and a lot less if I'm wrong.

So Plinko yes, but I've considered each plink the o will go.

Oh and for the record, chances of me bringing this back up in January are slim to none. I'm just not that type of guy.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:28 pm

I wouldn't touch Grossman with a ten foot pole in the last round.

As others have alread said, Grossman was probably the least consistent QB last year on a week to week basis. 3 TDs 0 INts followed up with 0 TDs and 3 INTs. Not only is this dangerous from a fantasy perspective, but from an NFL perspective. No one is going to hold onto a job long term if they play like that, especially on a playoff bound team like Chicago. Grossman is a liability to start, because you don't know which guy will show up, and he is a liability sitting on your bench, because you don't know how long he will have a job.

As a Qb#2? Grossman is a sucker pick. Play it safe and grab Brett Favre. Hell, take a gamble on Alex Smith. Stay away from Grossman.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby twojarslave » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:11 am

aaawall91 wrote:I'm not going to say anything besides:

I would rather have Grossman than Romo.

Isn't T.O. about due throw a hissy fit and destroy a team?
twojarslave
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guru13 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:06 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:16. Favre (Diminishing skills. Could play better with 2 healthy WRs and if someone can emerge from that backfield.)

aww fooey, you know favre's still got one of the best arms in the league. ;-D

twojarslave wrote:Isn't T.O. about due throw a hissy fit and destroy a team?

no, because if he does it again, he may have nowhere to go, plus he seems pretty happy with the cowboys right now.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:16. Favre (Diminishing skills. Could play better with 2 healthy WRs and if someone can emerge from that backfield.)

aww fooey, you know favre's still got one of the best arms in the league. ;-D

twojarslave wrote:Isn't T.O. about due throw a hissy fit and destroy a team?

no, because if he does it again, he may have nowhere to go, plus he seems pretty happy with the cowboys right now.

I don't think I've ever seen TO happier. He is getting up there in age so he doesn't have any chances left. He wants a RING. With the Eagles you could see it coming. He was talking about it all offseason. I think TO has a monster year this year. He'll be top 3.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:36 am

You might not want Grossman but Berrian is really underrated IMO as a 8th-9th rounder. He scored double digit fantasy points in half the games he played in last year. He missed a game with an injury and basically did not play much in the last game of the season. Then he followed that up with 2 impressive playoff games against Seattle and NO. I have to think he is going to be better this year as well. I think he can be a 1,000 yard guy and push 8-10 scores.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ttwarrior1 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 pm

thought this would be a good post, nothing but grossman in it, no rb or wr at all/
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:47 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:thought this would be a good post, nothing but grossman in it, no rb or wr at all/

huh?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk