Chester Taylor carted off field - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor carted off field

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chester Taylor carted off field

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:42 am

Chester Taylor was carted off the field Tuesday after suffering an apparent right arm or shoulder injury.
Taylor "appeared to be in a lot of pain," according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. His status should be updated by Brad Childress later in the day.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 76&id=2204

Potential huge boost in AD's value. Injury doesn't sound to great if he had to be carted off.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chester Taylor carted off field

Postby J35J » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:46 am

Ouch, you know it hurts when you are carted off and your injury isn't even in your lower half!!! :-o
J35J
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:02 am

Eeeep. %-6 :-* :-/ :-o :~(
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kemper5 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 am

Im certainly not hoping Taylors out for a long time (6-8+ weeks), but lets say he is. Does Peterson zoom into the top 20 RB's? I say he does..
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:14 am

kemper5 wrote:Im certainly not hoping Taylors out for a long time (6-8+ weeks), but lets say he is. Does Peterson zoom into the top 20 RB's? I say he does..

I think he does for sure. The only reason he wasn't expected to start immediately is because Taylor knows the system and the Vikings could ease him into the role. If they can't ease him into it, he could very well keep the #1 RB role and with a solid Vikings O-line he could be a very solid performer this year. Top 20? I would expect that. Top 15? It depends on whether teams just start stacking the line--remember that Tarvaris Jackson will likely be challenged to beat them instead of AP.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:42 am

Wow, sounds like a collar bone or separated shoulder. That's the only thing I can think of that is painful enough to that area to require a cart.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 am

I'm not so sure this adds a huge boost to ADP. He has no shortage of talent, but he will have a pretty inexperienced QB at the helm, meaning he's going to face a lot of stacked fronts. Either ADP or Chester (assuming he's OK) will have a tough time this year, that's my take.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:46 am

knapplc wrote:I'm not so sure this adds a huge boost to ADP. He has no shortage of talent, but he will have a pretty inexperienced QB at the helm, meaning he's going to face a lot of stacked fronts. Either ADP or Chester (assuming he's OK) will have a tough time this year, that's my take.

I agree to an extent. But if Chester Taylor could run for 1,200 yards with similar surroundings, I think ADP could easily match or surpass that.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattUTD20 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:50 am

I think this is bad news for Peterson. He has too many durability concerns to be carrying the kind of load Taylor did last season. With Taylor there, he would ideally be in a RBBC situation while he learns to run lower because he ran too high and tried to run people over too often in college. It worked then but it won't fly against bigger stronger men. The Vikings passing game will probably be terrible again this year so he will be taking a lot of punishment in the box.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:00 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm not so sure this adds a huge boost to ADP. He has no shortage of talent, but he will have a pretty inexperienced QB at the helm, meaning he's going to face a lot of stacked fronts. Either ADP or Chester (assuming he's OK) will have a tough time this year, that's my take.

I agree to an extent. But if Chester Taylor could run for 1,200 yards with similar surroundings, I think ADP could easily match or surpass that.

Except that in 2006 you had Brad Johnson at QB, and while he was no great prize, he was still just good enough to pick apart a defense that would put eight in the box against him.

Taylor/ADP are going to face a stacked defense all season, much like LT2 did when Rivers took over. Only thing is, the Minny line is not nearly as good as the Bolts', and there is no Antonio Gates at safety valve for Tarvaris Jackson.

I would not expect much out of either this year, that's for sure.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk