CBS releases O-Line rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CBS releases O-Line rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: CBS releases O-Line rankings

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:29 pm

jbrumley21 wrote:Indy at 4?????

Was this put together before Glenn retired?

Probably and even with Glenn retired they have a very good offensive line. Remember, this is the O-Line that makes it so Peyton Manning rarely ever gets touched over the course of the entire season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:14 pm

mattb47 wrote:As much as I love my Steelers....I think #8 is too high for them considering how poorly they performed last season. They could end up that high but after losing Hartings to retirement, I would be hard pressed to put them in the top 10 right now.

Couldn't agree more matt. The right side of the line has some issues right now. Kendall Simmons is a below average starter, and Max Starks is average at best. Hartings' retirement hurts too; Sean Mahan or Chukky Okobi will have to fill the void. The left side is solid for this year (Faneca will change that next year), but other than that, there are question marks everywhere.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Atog » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:09 pm

As much as us Lions fans love to bash the Lions, I think we're way too low here. We're probably about in the middle of the pack.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby fantasizing » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:34 pm

Wow, Cinnci and Seattle have really dropped alot. They were considered amongst the top
not too long ago......
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:26 pm

fantasizing wrote:Wow, Cinnci and Seattle have really dropped alot. They were considered amongst the top
not too long ago......

Again, this is probably because they have weighed YPC high. Both Shaun Alexander (and Maurice Morris when he was hurt) and Rudi Johnson had fairly low YPCs last year. Granted, Seattle's O-line hasn't looked the same since Hutchinson left but I still believe that is mainly due to Walter Jones being injured a good portion of last year. It doesn't look like the O-line woes are going to lift up much either as Pork Chop Womack just had some sort of leg injury (knee?).

I still believe CIN should be a top rated O-line, although I haven't followed what happened to their players in the offseason.

For the record, I began compiling the O-line rankings I've found thus far and should have something up within the next couple of days. Also, I found Chris Smith again and what he has the O-lines currently ranked at, although it doesn't have the insight his 2005 writeup had regarding each team. It's still very interesting however.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:11 am

I think understanding O-Line strength is an underrated fantasy tool. Great RBs are good and all, but with crappy lines in front of them they become mediocre quick. Good O-Lines can also make mediocre RBs good/great RBs (Clinton Portis, anyone?).

I really appreciate this info. Keep these ranks coming! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk