Raiders wait too long to pickup Culpepper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raiders wait too long to pickup Culpepper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Raiders wait too long to pickup Culpepper?

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:53 pm

Well, if they would have done this last year, that culpepper/moss connection would have been there, and they would have had a decent record. Am I right?
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Raiders wait too long to pickup Culpepper?

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:00 pm

Do we really need 2 threads on Culpepper and the Raiders on page 1???
viewtopic.php?t=330722&start=20
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:02 pm

Dont think i saw it
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:50 pm

waltb87 wrote:Dont think i saw it

Under that logic, I don't think I quoted you and replied to your thread.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby waltb87 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:27 pm

me either
waltb87
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:02 pm

waltb87 wrote:Well, if they would have done this last year, that culpepper/moss connection would have been there, and they would have had a decent record. Am I right?

No, Culpepper would have ended up injured. He wasn't fully healed but would have played anyway and the Raiders O-line wouldn't have protected him well enough. Also, there is the concern over his QB ability. If he was a byproduct of Moss in Minnesota, that doesn't necessarily mean that would have carried over to Oakland. The Raiders sucked last season for a myriad of reasons and Culpepper would not have made a difference.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:31 pm

moochman wrote:
waltb87 wrote:Well, if they would have done this last year, that culpepper/moss connection would have been there, and they would have had a decent record. Am I right?

No, Culpepper would have ended up injured. He wasn't fully healed but would have played anyway and the Raiders O-line wouldn't have protected him well enough. Also, there is the concern over his QB ability. If he was a byproduct of Moss in Minnesota, that doesn't necessarily mean that would have carried over to Oakland. The Raiders sucked last season for a myriad of reasons and Culpepper would not have made a difference.

you serious???? i can see the injury deal cuz i know he came back way too soon but come on 'there is a concern over his QB ability' who the heck said that? and who actually believes that? yes sure he may not be as smart as a Manning or Brady, but the guy has true raw ability...heck he stands what 6'5" and out weighs most blitzing LBs, hes got raw talent for his size his mobility is tops...that was just about a dumb thing to say, the only thing hurting him right now is injury...you can say yeah maybe Moss made some stats for him with great catches, but who the hell threw him the ball at the line? and what QB doesn't have great stats because of great recievers? i honestly think that is Moss would have stuck around if Culpepper came in last year this year would be totally different for the Raiders...i just can't believe you can say that there is concern over his QB ability, i would love to know how you think this or where you heard that, cuz ive yet to hear this and yeah again the injury dropped value but ALOT of guys have come back just as good after injury...

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 pm

stomperrob wrote:Do we really need 2 threads on Culpepper and the Raiders on page 1???
viewtopic.php?t=330722&start=20

maybe if you changed the title of your other thread to something having to do with c-pep being signed by the raiders rather than the fact he was released by miami, people wouldnt create threads about him in oakland. :-?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chidoy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:30 am

I think it was a good move for OAK. Even tho I despise CPepp, it's a good fit for them. He gets to start and teach J.R. They're such a similar type QB that JR can learn from CPepp. That way, they don't have to throw the rook to the wolves just yet. Heck, OAK can use as much help as possible.
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk