My complete 2007 Strength of Schedule for Defenses! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My complete 2007 Strength of Schedule for Defenses!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: My complete 2007 Strength of Schedule for Defenses!

Postby patrickbateman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:33 pm

Enjoyed the contribution BAG. Thank You! ;-D

I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
patrickbateman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stelly » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Nice article, I liked it! Thanks for sharing. ;-D

I like Green Bay as a DST this year. They finished 5th overall in my league last year, and were a free agent - nobody had them on their roster. That, combined with this article, lead me to beleive they could be a real sleeper this season.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:43 pm

Stelly wrote:Nice article, I liked it! Thanks for sharing. ;-D

I like Green Bay as a DST this year. They finished 5th overall in my league last year, and were a free agent - nobody had them on their roster. That, combined with this article, lead me to beleive they could be a real sleeper this season.

Totally agree on Green Bay. My league actually rewards no points for a "points allowed" category (unless you get a shutout) and Green Bay finished as the 3rd best defense last year because their sack and takeaway totals were amazing. ANd you're right, they're totally under the radar and get to face INT prone QB's like Rex Grossman, Jon Kitna and Tarvaris Jackson a total of 6 times.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:13 pm

bagobonez wrote:

Totally agree on Green Bay. My league actually rewards no points for a "points allowed" category (unless you get a shutout) and Green Bay finished as the 3rd best defense last year because their sack and takeaway totals were amazing. ANd you're right, they're totally under the radar and get to face INT prone QB's like Rex Grossman, Jon Kitna and Tarvaris Jackson a total of 6 times.

WOA, I didn't think about it, but that is totally true. Not to mention how much Kitna fumbles. He should be good for two turnovers a game, which is pretty sweet.

All though ... they do play Donovan and the Eagles week one, so if they don't all keel over and die of humiliation, they should be a nice sleeper play.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:47 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

WOA, I didn't think about it, but that is totally true. Not to mention how much Kitna fumbles. He should be good for two turnovers a game, which is pretty sweet.

All though ... they do play Donovan and the Eagles week one, so if they don't all keel over and die of humiliation, they should be a nice sleeper play.

Yes, by my calculations the Eagles are one of the tougher teams to face as far as playing a defense against them. They don't allow alot of sacks and they don't turn the ball over much.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:53 pm

I was kidding about the last part, being a homer and all. But the GB bit is insightful. I'm really leaning towards getting a team who is solid, but unspectacular, then going for GB, as they (hopefully) should be undervalued after week one as it is, and undervalued in general. Turnovers are key, and in leagues that reward return yards, its basically a was against points given up, since you make a chunk of it back on kick returns.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk